US Harper's Bazaar August 2015 : Natalie Portman by Norman Jean Roy

That shadow is a travesty! There is no excuse, it looks so wrong and ruins what could have been a lovely image. I like Natalie's inside story, I think it's a really nice balance of a summer mood with an autumn mood.

No wonder the newsstand shot is so weird-looking, why is it so hard to shoot a variety of headshots at the time, in case you want to use them as a cover, instead of counteracting the visual effects of gravity to create your cover?

That's the editorial team's (mainly Glenda's) responsibility. I dont think she's got an eye for covershots. For all we know she might be turning the good shots away in favour of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Love
Celebrity: Natalie Portman
Photographer: Norman Jean Roy
Stylist: Natasha Royt

glossynewsstand.com

All About That Waist
Model: Alisa Ahmann
Photographer: Sean & Seng
Stylist: Tom Van Dorpe

glossynewsstand.com

The New Bohemian
Model: Vanessa Moody
Photographer: Nathaniel Goldberg

glossynewsstand.com

The newsstand cover looks so dated and incredible cheap imo...
and with similar styling to the subs cover, she looked so much better in her 2002 US Vogue cover.
And don't get me started on the editorial's cheap photoshop... :rolleyes:
I just don't like any of this.

The New Bohemian
Model: Vanessa Moody
Photographer: Nathaniel Goldberg

glossynewsstand.com

Wow, love this so much! Thanks for posting!!!

Sean & Seng for US Bazaar?? Get them to shoot the covers as well! The editorials are pretty good.

Article about Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney
starring Bella Hadid by Sebastian Faena

in UHQ

photocouture-show.com

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder the newsstand shot is so weird-looking, why is it so hard to shoot a variety of headshots at the time, in case you want to use them as a cover, instead of counteracting the visual effects of gravity to create your cover?

I know, it's appalling to think of the amount of money pounded into Natalie's shoot and not one serviceable cover shot was provided! I would've been extremely annoyed. I do love the concept of Natalia's cover story. You cannot go wrong with this old-Hollywood/Grace Kelly theme and it's just a shame the newsstand cover turned out so awful. Once again.. another week issue from US Bazaar.

Goodness, but Bella looks lovely in her edit! So much charm. It's very similar to Natalie's story, but I quite like it.

I just came across this on justjared.com...

Thu, 30 July 2015 at 1:15 pm

Tweet

Katy Perry & Mariah Carey Become Icons for Harper's Bazaar

katy-perry-mariah-carey-harpers-bazaar.jpg

http://page.kiosked.com/who-served-this-ad

Katy Perry channels her best Elizabeth Taylor in this Andy Warhol-inspired image from the Harper’s Bazaar September 2015 issue, on newsstands August 18.
The 30-year-old entertainer was joined by Mariah Carey, Dakota Johnson, Jessica Chastain, Lucky Blue, Oprah Winfrey, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Willow Smith for the 2015 ICONS feature by Carine Roitfeld.
Katy Perry on Elizabeth Taylor: “An [COLOR=#01A204 !important][COLOR=#01A204 !important]icon[/COLOR][/COLOR] transcends time. Liz was so fabulous and decadent and had a style that evolved with the years …and I’m sure I’ll be married just as many times!”
Mariah on Marie Antoinette: “I’m pretty much the opposite of Marie Antoinette, but it’s always fun to throw on a costume.”
Dakota Johnson on Aphrodite: “In Greek mythology, Aphrodite is the primary image of feminine divine love. To me, she embodies the power of love and pleasure, and represents the mystery and intricacy of women.”
For more on Katy, Mariah, and more, visit HarpersBazaar.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->