US Harper's Bazaar June/July 2016 : Kendall Jenner by Karl Lagerfeld

It doesn't surprise me that Kendall is a fitting match for US HB. While her face isn't the most captivating, the angle is interesting, and if there are a few decent editorials, I'd have no problem buying this.

Yet another major failure. Has she ever tried to be a legit model? Just give me Anna Ewers then I'll be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it could've been much worse. Can't believe Karl shot this, such a strong image. It's flawless, glossy and luxe, plus I love the angle. Next to GQ, it's quite possibly her best cover yet.

I was going to say the exact same thing about this being her strongest cover and editorial next to GQ!!

BUT, it's like she has a one look and stuck with it the WHOLE TIME! Her having a fashion headache that she can't shake. Every photo is with her hands holding her head.

I quite like this but all those shots are identical. Change it up!

It looks like the cover of a mid-80s Judith Krantz novel wherein the bored, wealthy heroine asserts her sensuality as a means of passing the time only to become increasingly dissatisfied by her illicit affairs because ultimately she doesn't care for love and prefers to simply be be bored, wealthy and expensively dressed.

I love it.

The best thing about this cover is that... she won't be on the cover of Vogue for June & July.

I always find US Harper's Bazaar's model choices a bit weird. Daria Werbowy, Anna Ewers, Kendall. These girls are not really favourites of this magazine. And for Glenda to gamble on Kendall for a dual month cover must mean that she thinks this will sell well.

I don't think top models work Bazaar nowadays unless they get offered the cover. It's the only way they've managed to get Lara, Daria, and Anna to shoot for them. If you look at their models from month to month they're not exactly the cream of the crop. Except for the occasional old school model who's had a long history with them. Sadly, Bazaar and sh*t anymore and everyone knows it. Photogs, stylists, models. It's the Anthony Mazzolla era all over again. Karlie Kloss has never done a single edit for them, Natalia hasn't shot for them in more than a decade.

In all honesty however, this is not bad. It's decent.

Color me impressed. Text is loud as hell but Karl captured Kendall in way that makes her appealing to me. The camera angle reminds me of Fendi ads he shot with Linda some years ago. This is most certainly going to POP on the US newstands.

She looks like she woke up after a night out with a huge hangover but her make up is still miraculously intact.

It's an interesting angle and the composition of the photo itself is fairly refreshing for a HB cover.

But her face just emotes nothing. She truly doesn't have any energy or presence whatsoever. I don't know if it's something that can be taught? Like ... we keep expecting her to improve, but perhaps there has to be some innate ability to emote and CONNECT and transmit energy into the camera. I've never seen it from her. Gorgeous girl, no doubt. But I never feel anything from her photos.

Tragic that she is one of Karl's favorites. Thank god it's not 2008 or she would've overthrown my faves.
Anyway the cover is alright, she doesn't look dead but i can't seem to like it. Am i being biased?

It could have been wonderful with Bella Hadid.
Kendall is like Taylor Swift. She is cute but that's it...
Good photos from Karl it's a pity that the subject is not that interesting.

Gosh, that was the SILLIEST interview I've ever read. :lol: So absurd.

Karl is literally Debbie Downer in that interview. It's like reading a script for an SNL sketch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->