US Harper's Bazaar June/July 2018 : Bella Hadid by Solve Sunbsbo

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Newsstand & Subscribers Cover:

HARPERSBAZAAR. COM

Ok enough covers but sigh... overexposed, much?

The only thing I'm interested in is finding out who did that terrible Photoshop job on the jaw.

DAMN Gigi, Bella and Kendal will never leave !!!! GOSH :sick: these girls bring NOTHING to the industry. They don´t express anything with their eyes, they don´t know how to pose or walk the runway. They are just `there´ and famous for anything. I miss so much the supers of the 80 and 90´s where you could interview the supers and they had an opinion and they had the SKILL to model. Naomi, Christy, Linda, Kate, Cindy, Claudia, Nadja, Kristen, Shalom, Amber, Kristy and all of themmmmmmm they could have any wig, any makeup, any pose and they knew how to give it to the camera. So many kids today don´t even know who these women are and they see Kendal or Bella and think ``this is how we should model´´ lol it´s freakin´ sad. It´s a blank face with nothing behind the eyes. I bring it all the time but take Coco Rocha, Caroline Trentini, Jourdan Dunn, Gemma Ward, Liu Wen, Raquel Zimmermann, Shu Pei, Hilary Rhoda they ALL KNOW what to bring when being in front of a top photographer and they have subtance. I have nothing against Bella, Gigi or Kendall but they are just there to entertain themselves but they are not true models at heart, you can´t tell me they could pose like Verushka or Twiggi or Iman and bring the same passion for Fashion. They are just rich cute BLAND girls who are just there for being there. No one in the history of Fashion will remember them. Can we go on to another era of Fashion and have real models please?! So so so sick of this instacrap.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the thing is, there are probably lots of unknown girls working right now who do have that special ability to connect with the camera, but they get overlooked amid the media's desperate need to constantly promote a blank face with a million followers.

I don't know what you all are about, these covers are gorgeous!

The only thing I'm interested in is finding out who did that terrible Photoshop job on the jaw.

Apologies, turns out that's actually her Surgeon-given jaw and not Photoshop.

Omg, I don't even hate the Instagirls with such passion, but Glenda is really pushing me to at this stage! It's been Kendall & Gigi (more frequently than celebs), and now Bella makes her entry.

For what it is, I really loathe the cover. The mask may be from Dior (?), but the cover is just too symmetrical and linear that it ends up looking artificial. And it's a dual-month issue? Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind the "mask" as an experimental shot in the editorial, but the one good thing Bella's got going for her is the uncanny perfection of her face - and you obscure it on the cover?

It looks like the handles of a shopping bag have been dipped in gold and then dumped on her head.

I prefer the subscribers cover...

Kendall and Gigi sell copies in the US... not sure if that's the case for Bella!

Wow, imagine how amazing this cover could have been with somebody NOT dead behind the eyes.

Like ... I understand the complaints and the exhaustion of the Insta-model generation.

But, frankly, I think Bella has one of the most stunningly beautiful and cover-model worthy faces of any model I've seen. She is magnificently, strikingly gorgeous. Yeah, she may only have one look - but that look is a killer one and it's a perfect Cover one. So I'm not mad at this.

Hair: Sam McKnight
Makeup: Peter Philips
Manicure: Chisato Yamamoto

harpersbazaar.com

^styled by Anna Trevelyan. I thought it was Carine.

Flawless second cover and almost flawless ed (the B&W with her the paillettes dress is weird).
I'm exhausted to see the insta-girls but when it's good, i'm not complaining.
We can't be mad to see working, successful models working. This is the sign of times. They sells magazines.

The good thing is that designers are starting to move on from them...

Solve is the best thing to happen to this magazine. For once we actually have someone who excels inside a grey wall studio instead of outside. I know many of the oldies on here loved Lindbergh's Bazaar era, but I was never a fan. He delivered wuite frankly the most nauseatingly commercial covers yet. Only his edits impressed at times.

I can't stand 'Bella-one-face'. One of the most boring models of the past 50 years, but I do love the newsstand cover! Even though it has no relation to the editorial or anything that's happening at the moment.
Reminds me of the vintage Bazaar 'mod' era from the 1960's.
I would actually buy that, and I never buy this magazine

I'm not so keen on the Dior mask cover, though I appreciate they tried something a little different. I think the black and white one is pretty good though, and the editorial has some really beautiful shots! The only part I find truly eye-roll inducing is the 'Bella by Gigi' tagline. One at a time, PLEASE !!!

Solve Sundsbo isn't someone whose work I would normally align with US Harper's Bazaar, but I have to say he and Camilla Akrans seem to able to breathe life into this edition. I remember I enjoyed his Kendall cover earlier in the year too, so I'd like to see him continue to book big covers.

I love the editorial actually...the styling is flawless!❤️️

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->