US Harper's Bazaar August 2018 : Taylor Swift by Alexi Lubomirski

Is this FHM? Barf :sick:

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Glenda's feeble, insincere and late in the game rehashing of Junior Bazaar, her 'harper' magazine supplement? The pet project Glenda claimed to have wanted to re-launch since 'forever,' even though she's never once featured the ground-breaking offshoot (or influential contributors) in the pages of her Bazaar nor in her Editor's Letter. You know where Alexa wore that heinous shaggy blonde "Mod" wig.

Truly what is the point of this magazine? Bazaar under Tilberis and Betts was eye-opening, mind expanding and visual feast for the senses.

What does this magazine contribute other than simply re-hashing social media trends and satirizing itself or producing pale, insulting imitations of it's glory days?

Yes, I know magazines exist to sell, sell, sell but Bazaar most of all used to also inform, innovate and inspire with such passion, intelligence, candor, visual and written wit. The linked images are my own scans :flower:

I dont mind the covers though I think the more 60s sex kitten look in the editorial would have made a much better cover,

I actually really like this. The 60s vibe fits her very well. Probably her best magazine output imo.

Haters gonna hate hate hate.

I like it. She looks good, I like the composition and styling.

THE SONGWRITER & THE MUSE (Full Ed)
Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski
Stylist: Joanna Hillman
Hair: James Rowe
Make-Up: Lisa Eldridge
Model/Celebrity: Taylor Swift

awake-smile.blogspot.com/2018/07/taylor-swift-in-harpers-bazaar-us

Got this in the mail today. 150 pages.

Review:

"Folk Tale"
P: Marcin Tyszka
S: Kerstin Schneider
M: Eniko

"I, Robot"
P: Kenneth Willardt
S: Amanda Alagem
M: Nyamuoch Girwath

"The New Florals"
P: Alexi Lubomirski
S: Patrick Mackie
M: Malaika Firth

"...Primary School"
P: Yulia Gorbachenko
S: Amanda Alagem
M: Jena Goldsack

So, she bailed last minute so they just did a CGI Taylor? Because that looks nothing like her, it's a photoshop cartoon version of her.

That shot with the knee-high boots taken from the back was really not a good idea.

I wrote snake in sharpie on the cover when my issue arrived. She’s so lame.

I wrote snake in sharpie on the cover when my issue arrived. She’s so lame.
Haha, she is indeed so lame!

I’m not feeling this sorry attempt at emulating Jean Shrimpton at all.

Reminds me of Brigitte Bardot. I like it. Even when I'm not a fan of hers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->