US Harper's Bazaar August 2018 : Taylor Swift by Alexi Lubomirski

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
HQ Newsstand & Subscribers Cover:

HARPERSBAZAAR. COM

I don’t think I love this fashion Bazaar...

As a whole, Taylor Swift is an attractive woman, but for me, her facial features aren't strong enough to carry off a shot like this, where the focus is thrown entirely on the shape of her mouth or her eye.

This sort of cover shot is almost designed to make me appreciate Bella Hadid more...

Despite the earring looking like a 'glam' version of Catherine Tramell's murder weapon, I quite like the newsstand cover. The hat is titled too much, and her skin looks unnaturally flawless, but it's still one of their better covers. I'm surprised she ended up on Bazaar instead of Vogue.

Fashion Editor: Joanna Hillman
Hair: James Rowe
Makeup: Lisa Eldridge
Manicure: Charly Avenell

harpersbazaar.com

HAHAHAHA my goodness.

This is exactly why I somehow get it when celebs demand for a cover approval. You don't want a terrible cover like this.

Not sure about this one, just feels a little too 'little girl playing dress up' and definitely think they could've selected a better newsstand cover shot.

The edit, crikey! Lol. I see very little Pattie Boyd references here. More like a cheesy take on mod it-girls. The sad part is that Taylor does actually look like Pattie in her youth, a lot! A more literal take would've worked.

Such a great set of images from a royal photographer. :rolleyes:

As always, a somewhat nice photograph drowning in awfully large texts.

Oh my god. No.

They're trying to make Taylor look like a Seventeen model on the cover.
But I don't really expect something great when it comes to HB covers
since their cover layouts and texts are constantly the same every month
(Bazaar's BAGS AND SHOES is just like Cosmo's BEST SEX EVER).

But will I buy it? Of course.

You know what? I kinda like it. Maybe if they chose an actual model it would be 10x better, but well. As for American publications go, I guess the celebrity singer will have to do. And oh my god its another celebrity being interviewed by a celebrity. Please just stop that...

Last edited by a moderator:
The first cover reminds me of the current issue of Love with Ariel Nicholson. This is..ok, I'm not personally a fan of Taylor but it could be far worse. The posing is cringeworthy though.

After 13 years...:doh:.

Photo from vogue runway website

:rofl: I just can't with how terrible the covers are, especially the main one. Truly does make you wish for the Bella, Gigi and Kendall back, and that is saying much!

Editors should NEVER allow celebs cover approval, EVER!!!

Wait---- is everyone here kidding? This is NOT so bad. I think she looks chic, yes 60's are very played out we've seen this a million times and better, but Taylor looks good here and the images are nice. I'll take this over everything else we're seeing.

Wait---- is everyone here kidding? This is NOT so bad. I think she looks chic, yes 60's are very played out we've seen this a million times and better, but Taylor looks good here and the images are nice. I'll take this over everything else we're seeing.

I'm with you, I'll take the Pattie Boyd/Julie Christie references all day/every day.

^ yea, Im not getting too. Its just a regular celeb cover. Of course I would pick the second cover, but whatever, Its US Bazaar, makes sense and Im haven't been a regular reader of this magazine for years anyway...

Just help understand one thing. Taylor had the chance to approval this cover? Im curious..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->