US Harper's Bazaar May 2012 : Penelope Cruz by Terry Richardson

I really don't understand why Glenda keeps having Terry Richardson shoot covers and celeb spreads. They are always the same and lack creativity. Just cheap and even vulgar like this. Except Gwyneth Paltrow's chic and simple subscribers cover in March the rest have been all the same and quite forgettable. There are other good talented photographers out there you can bring in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. Penelope looks great on the cover, my only issue is that the bottom of the image was cropped in an awkward place. I like most of the ed photos except the one in the blue dress - too cheesy. I can hate on Terry Richardson with the best of them but I gotta say I tend to love the hair and make up from his shoots. HB chose a beautiful cover subject, Terry's team made her look even more beautiful and there ain't too much more that Terry needs to do other than point and shoot and voila pretty pictures. I think this cover and ed works for me because it is beauty and glam oriented and things were kept simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Penelope is a very beautiful woman, but the cover shot is not her finest hour.
It's not too bad I suppose, but seriously this magazine is going nowhere, fast.
The supposed re-vamp has delivered absolutely nothing.

As much as i think she looks gorgeous, I agree that they need to change it up so all the covers and main edits look the same. But wow does she look sexy in that gold Versace dress.:D

Another boring cover and editorial. Their covers have been bad for years now but at least they had some great editorials, but I'm afraid those are bad now too.

I like it. Penelope looks great on the cover, my only issue is that the bottom of the image was cropped in an awkward place. I like most of the ed photos except the one in the blue dress - too cheesy. I can hate on Terry Richardson with the best of them but I gotta say I tend to love the hair and make up from his shoots. HB chose a beautiful cover subject, Terry's team made her look even more beautiful and there ain't too much more that Terry needs to do other than point and shoot and voila pretty pictures. I think this cover and ed works for me because it is beauty and glam oriented and things were kept simple.

I don't think Terry has his own team of hair and makeup artists.

I don't think Terry has his own team of hair and makeup artists.
Does Terry have a hair and make up artists that he often works with, for example I don't consider Meisel as having a dedicated team but he often works with Pat McGrath? I know that photographers do not work with the same people for every single shoot, but I have noticed a hair and make up "signature" from some of Terry's shoots that I like, actually I tend to like his behind-the-scenes images best except for the thumbs up and glasses images. I guess the other option is that Terry gives instructions about the glam styling and if he does I tend to like the make up, save the cherry red lipstick he favors but was not used in this shoot, and especially the hair.

The World of James Cameron
Model: Hailey Clauson
Photographer Rankin
Fashion Editor: Roxane Danset
Hair: Tuan Anh Tran
Makeup: Darlene Jacob
Manicure: Jenna Hipp

harpersbazaar

Good lord... :ninja:

^:rofl: Can't even with this, that is sooo cheap. I'm all for Terminator-themed editorials, but please put more effort into it than just posing next to a movie prop or in front of a cinema screen. Oh dear.

Not a fan of the cover but there's not even much to say about it, it's the same every month anyway, isn't it?

Wow. What a piece of crap.

Glenda needs to be fired, her "revamp" didn't do jack.

Is Harper's Bazaar only purpose to make Vogue US look really cutting edge now? I can't help but wonder if Glenda is just an undercover minion for Anna. :lol:

Actually really like the concept of Haileys edit:D, shes working it esp in the Terminator shot, is this the full edit or are there more shots?:flower:

...she looks like a slutted-up Lea Michele

and that is NOT a compliment

Terry, making beautiful girls look cheap since forever...

what was she thinking? that ed is beyond ridiculous, in fact one of the cheapest ones I've ever seen in HB. new direction? clearly not the right one....

Penelope is pure sex,
but I have to agree with everyone's disdainful comments of this magazine/issue.

the modern classics
photographer: kacper kasprzyk
stylist: jay massacret
model: kinga rajzak
hair: akki
make-up: frank b

vampirehorde @ fashion scans remastered

^Love the styling in The Modern Classics, but not loving the makeup on Kinga at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->