US Marie Claire August 2019 : Missy Elliott by Micaiah Carter

Yasss!!!! Finally! Ughhh

I just can't get past that hideous Dolce & Gabbana jacket and the fact that she's wearing them at all.

I'll take everything! The hideous jacket, the OTT hair and that gaudy necklace, because she's the only one who can make it work. I do think the photoshopping on her face is way too much.

So happy she got this cover, which I hope will be OG. And wow, Micaiah Carter getting mainstream support. This entire effort screams brave and ballsy, which I like.

Alléluia! Fabulous! I don’t even care about the cover itself...
Just having Missy is enough for me!
It’s like when Tina Turner got her Vogue cover.
Bravo!

Marie Claire really ups the ante when it comes to diversity this year. I like this cover. For some reason, the gaudiness has a surreal, camp-like quality to it. The fact that the jacket is by Dolce and Gabbana did come across rather tone deaf, and I wish they explored a look from Gucci, instead. But the overall effort is that rare occasion where maximalism manages to provide us with a feast for the eyes instead of an eyesore.

I love everything about this. The true queen of Hip Hop.

If it was anyone else it wouldn't work, but because it's Missy I love it! So glad she's getting the attention she deserves.

The cover does absolutely nothing for me, but I can fully appreciate and commend Marie Claire for giving Missy Elliot the cover. A breath of fresh air amongst a sea of recycled cover subjects!

Wow, she was big when I was kid, so it's interesting to see her today. Can't say I'm liking the cover though, especially after their soft July front page.

August 2019 is definitely the worst cover month ever

Completely and utterly in love with this. The editorial is so fun!! Missy looks sensational

What a nice surprise! I like the way this edition has gone with the magazine, not always visually, but there’s been some strong choices.

Major Missy

Photographer: Micaiah Carter
Set Design: Lauren Nikrooz
Stylist: June Ambrose
Hair: Kellon Deryck
Makeup: Alexandra Butler
Manicure: Elizabeth Salcedo
Cast: Missy Elliott

US Marie Claire Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads