US Vanity Fair April 2021 : Anya Taylor-Joy by Ryan McGinley

¡The clothes tell no story and are not cohesive in any way. She's a blank canvas, but I worry she will go in the way of Emilia Clarke and Alicia Vikander.

No way! in terms of fashion, she takes great pics and has lots of charisma and attitude. They done her terribly wrong here... I love her but I think I say this without bias :blush::lol:

Magazines can always resort to using bright colours as a distraction technique when there’s nothing else of worth going on in the cover image. It seems to be Vanity Fair’s current visual crutch.

I haven’t even got around to reading the Hollywood issue – nothing about that cover made me want to spend the time on the contents, and this one just seems like a waste of paper, pixels and the person chosen to be on it.

Put the ‘Vanity Fair 100 Years’ book on a table, open it at any random page, whatever the editor, and then put this issue beside it, and the disparity would be painful.

There's a coverline on this issue which reads "Naomi Campbell's greatest journey". Might this be a self-refective piece, or an account of travel against all odds, stretching over several pages?

No, it's just Naomi's short answer to just one of the questions in the small Q&A article at the back of the magazine, and even then, the actual question is "What is your favourite journey?" (It's going on safari in Africa and staying in a camp.)

Yet on the cover they've tried to make it sound like there's an actual article you might be interested in reading.

There's a coverline on this issue which reads "Naomi Campbell's greatest journey". Might this be a self-refective piece, or an account of travel against all odds, stretching over several pages?

No, it's just Naomi's short answer to just one of the questions in the small Q&A article at the back of the magazine, and even then, the actual question is "What is your favourite journey?" (It's going on safari in Africa and staying in a camp.)

Yet on the cover they've tried to make it sound like there's an actual article you might be interested in reading.

the real Naomi’s answer she kept to herself, but I’ll share: around her belly button.

US Vanity Fair May 2021

Opening Moves

Photographer: Ryan McGinley
Stylist: Yashua Simmons
Hair: Gregory Russell
Makeup: Kate Lee
Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy

US Vanity Fair Digital Edition

The whole ed is giving me the mysterious southern vibe just like any Gillian Flynn’s books.

The swing photo (but without that awful rosette choker) would have made for a perfect cover image!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->