US Vanity Fair October 2010 : Lindsay Lohan by Norman Jean Roy

When I saw the title of this thread I thought to myself, "oh heck no!," and I was right as soon as I saw the cover. She looks nice but the fact that Lindsay is getting all of these covers and news stories is rather vile. The girl needs to be getting serious help, not the cover of a magazine. Its disappointing to see what VF will do to get an issue to sell, especially after their last amazing cover with Lady Gaga!

6c4a5a4a436d.jpg

bd50ffe38178.jpg

Lindsay Lohan on Her Trial, Her Career, and the Reasons She Lost Control

“If I were the alcoholic everyone says I am, then putting a [SCRAM] bracelet on would have ended me up in detox, in the emergency room, because I would have had to come down from all the things that people say I’m taking and my father says I’m taking—so that says something, because I was fine,” Lindsay Lohan tells Vanity Fair contributing editor Nancy Jo Sales. “I think everyone has their own addictions and hopefully learns how to get past them,” she says, in an interview conducted one week before her jail time began. “I think my biggest focus for myself is learning how to continue to get through the trauma that my father has caused in my life.”

Lohan was visibly upset when she spoke with Sales about Ali’s presence in the courtroom, calling it “heartbreaking” to see her sister cry. However, Lohan feels conflicted about her father’s unexpected appearance at the hearing, telling Sales, "The worst part of it is you turn around and you see your dad crying and normally you’d be, like, happy that your father’s there. But then he has to go and do an interview right after.”

Sales reports that Lohan thinks her career is far from over. “I don’t care what anyone says. I know that I’m a damn good actress. … And I know that in my past I was young and irresponsible—but that’s what growing up is. You learn from your mistakes,” she tells Sales.

Lohan adamantly denies rumors of drug abuse, telling Sales: “I’ve never abused prescription drugs. I never have—never in my life. I have no desire to. That’s not who I am. I’ve admitted to the things that I’ve done—to, you know, dabbling in certain things and trying things ’cause I was young and curious and thought it was like, O.K., ’cause other people were doing it and other people put it in front of me. And I see what happened in my life because of it.”

Lohan blames her troubles, in part, on hanging out with the wrong crowd, Sales reports. “So many people around me would say they cared for the wrong reasons. A lot of people were pulling from me, taking from me and not giving. I had a lot of people that were there for me for, you know, the party.” And when she first moved to L.A., Lohan says, “it was very go-go-go and I had a lot of responsibility; and I think just the second I didn’t have [structure] anymore—I was 18, 19—with a ton of money and no one really here to tell me that I couldn’t do certain things … And I see where that’s gotten me now, and I don’t like it.” She says tabloids were her main source of news, and calls that “really scary and sad… I would look up to those girls… the Britneys and whatever. And I would be like, I want to be like that.”

Sales interviews several paparazzi, and reports that Lohan often cooperates with them for a fee, though Lohan denies this. “If I called her up right now and said I’ll give you $10,000, she’d come right down,” a photographer tells Sales. “Once you’re famous, there’s always a way to make money,” another photographer says. “She might not be doing what she’d like to be doing, but she’ll always be Lindsay Lohan.”

The October issue of Vanity Fair will be available on newsstands in New York and L.A. on Thursday, September 2, and nationally and on the iPad on Tuesday, September 7.

vanityfair

She looks fantastic on the cover. Can't wait to read the whole article.

Wow, I love the colors and the concept of the cover! LiLo actually looks great, too.

OMG lol it's the first time Lindsay looks classier lol not the usual trashy-rehab looking cheap-wh*re kind of girl lol: good for her, this might give her a new image towards the media and the mass public

not exactly her biggest fan but this isn't bad i guess. vanity fair do really pic the worst stars don't they.

This is Vanity Fair. Couldn't they put someone on the cover who has a career and is professional on set? There are so many people who actually deserve to be on that cover. Really lame move from VF.

Nice cover. Very Grace Kelly!

Only in the most superficial way. I would have preferred another Grace Kelly cover. LL utterly lacks the grace, poise, style and talent of Grace Kelly. If you're going to put a Hollywood actress on the cover VF, please make it someone talented and worthy, not a tabloid train wreck.

I can't believe this is Lindsay. I think this is the best shot of her I have ever seen before.

That's a one good cover, didn't expect this to be that good, Lindsay looks great.

Is Vanity Fair even a fashion magazine? Why does it get its own thread?

It's a great cover. Vanity Fair really knows how to cash in on celebrities right when they've got a scandal.

The cover is nice and obviously Vanity Fair is going to sell a lot of magazines, having Lindsay on the cover. But that's one magazine I'm going to skip. Already know too much about Lindsay, don't want to know any more.

i agree the cover is great, she knows how to work the camera.

i have completely changed my mind from last night. really stoked for this issue.

The cover shot only emphasizes the bad and completely unnecessary plastic surgery this girl has had. Her lips look swollen and unreal - nothing like her original mouth. Tragic really. This is the kind of picture that could be good with a classic looking woman, in order to channel Grace Kelly it helps to actually have an ounce of the patrician refinement Ms. Kelly was known for and I say this not as an insult towards Lindsay. La Lohan was always good at giving that Ann Margret sex kitten vibe and in her better days she possessed a magnetism that was actually quite compelling.

I much prefer that inside shot, though Lohan would be smart to return to her roots and go back to being redheaded and pneumatic as opposed to looking like another of Hollywood's cookie cutter blondes. Lindsay had a certain something, I hope she gets back what she lost to hard partying, substance abuse and fair weather friends.

She's looks good, lets just hope the interview matches up. I haven't been so impressed with the recent cover stories, nothing too revelatory.

I liked the idea, the pose, the colours; but Jesus Christ, she looks so bad that it makes me dislike this cover :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->