US Vogue April 2020 : The 'Beauty Without Borders' Issue by Tyler Mitchell

To complicate matters even further, was there not a time when Vogue Italia used to produce two main issues in certain months, a few weeks apart? And that's why the spine of some issues shows a date, the month and the year, rather than just listing the month and year alone.
In the late 80s, early 90s, when the couture issues were apart.

Kaia got all four covers BECAUSE of her mom*

Not to mention she doesn't fit this theme at all.

What a boring execution of this concept, and the median age of these models show they are pandering to a Teen Vogue audience instead of a mature one.

Get rid of Anna before this gets even more pathetic.

The negattivity on this forum is really getting outof control sometimes, I feel like I am reading Breitbart instead of a fashion forum sometimes.. Some comments are really close to being offensive and plain racist.

Is this the best Vogue cover I have ever seen? Nope, far from it, but I still think it is doing the job and Tyler can create some interesting work. Maybe not always best suited to fashion photography, but he IS a good photographer. I saw one of his exhibitions in Amsterdam a few months ago and he has done some beautiful work.

And don't even get me started on how everyone is bashing Anna MONTH after MONTH for not featuring models, yet when she does let models cover the magazine it's also not good because model X and model Y aren't featured and the models who are featured is not good enough, all 28 of them.

The negattivity on this forum is really getting outof control sometimes, I feel like I am reading Breitbart instead of a fashion forum sometimes.. Some comments are really close to being offensive and plain racist.

Is this the best Vogue cover I have ever seen? Nope, far from it, but I still think it is doing the job and Tyler can create some interesting work. Maybe not always best suited to fashion photography, but he IS a good photographer. I saw one of his exhibitions in Amsterdam a few months ago and he has done some beautiful work.

And don't even get me started on how everyone is bashing Anna MONTH after MONTH for not featuring models, yet when she does let models cover the magazine it's also not good because model X and model Y aren't featured and the models who are featured is not good enough, all 28 of them.

Go back to 2007 threads and see people talking sh*t about Franca's work at that time

It's something that is on TFS' DNA for over a decade.

I, for one, will continue to bash Anna month after month until she develops some good taste again.

28 models, and truthfully hardly any of them are interesting, and even for the ones that are, this is BORING content.

Given that US Vogue did this with last year's April issue - where Scarlett Johansson was front and centre on their 'global talent' issue - we can look forward to this lifeless exercise being carried out every year.

It's a pity representation didn't happen at a time in fashion magazines when everyone could have been shown as an interesting person, instead of a bunch of good girls who don't dare do or say the wrong thing in public.

Modelling for the young ones has turned into a perpetual audition for Miss World where you smile and spout platitudes for an audience that's judging you.

Is it just me or Daniel Jackson is only good when does Meisel lite studio shoots? Every other style i've seen him try these past few months (that Zendaya shoot for VA :ninja:) looks either extremely pedestrian or downright bad.

And I'd happily take one of Anna's pets on the cover if the content was worth my time and money. Alas, the whole issue is just flat. I have no idea who this is meant to appeal to.

Did they shoot Karlie’s editorial in Skid Row???????

Possibly. On the first page of the ed, they say: "Model Karlie Kloss brings a decisive stop to Los Angeles traffic in a billowing silk-organza cape and dress from Mary Katrantzou".

Can't believe they didn't use Karlie for the cover. It's a perfect cover story, she looks stunning and they even shot her against a white backdrop (although there are some nice cover-worthy photos on location as well). Would be far more interesting and eye catching than this disaster of a main cover which is much more suited for a filler story anyway.

Ooh that last shot of Karlie screams Cover Try. Maybe Anna was trying to put a Kushner on the cover of her Biden Endorsement?!

Can't believe they didn't use Karlie for the cover. It's a perfect cover story, she looks stunning and they even shot her against a white backdrop (although there are some nice cover-worthy photos on location as well). Would be far more interesting and eye catching than this disaster of a main cover which is much more suited for a filler story anyway.

...But filler shoot by filler photographer full of filler fashion has the gimmick of the highly-profitable identity-politics to sell to the sheeple.

(Anna may be creatively-challenged when it comes to HF presentation— but she knows what will sell to the commoners.You've got to give her that.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->