US Vogue April 2020 : The 'Beauty Without Borders' Issue by Tyler Mitchell

When it comes to Japan, there, unfortunately, aren't too many choices, if I'm not mistaken. Chiharu, Mika, Yuka, Kiko Arai, Rina, or the possible-but-not-so-possible-because-they-act-now Tao or Ai Tominaga are the only models that come to mind; undoubtedly I'd personally choose between Chiharu or Mika. It's also possible she could've been chosen by Emmanuelle.

Love Jill - not pedestrian like another model with a cover - but she definitely isn't the best choice to represent the Dutch, per se. Birgit, Luna, Yasmin or Rianne would've been perfect choices.

I was, additionally, a bit confused to see Ros Georgiou with a US Vogue cover in 2020, but alas, there are not many Greek models relevant in the industry. She's really the only plausible option.

The editorial is just ridiculously pedestrian and underwhelming.

Honestly I'm just happy to see some models on the cover.

Side note: I don't think I've seen a tFS thread gain so many posts this fast in a while lol.

These covers are vile for Vogue US. I will pray that Anna brings back her Kidman, Paltrow, Lively, Nyong’o covers, they were so tired, but at least glamorous and rich. It hasn’t been a full year, yet I am already tired and want to barf looking at all the effort to appeal to entitled teens. People really don’t know to inject all issues carefully, SJW stuff gets tired (and annoying) real fast. Yeah, I’m a privileged white gay male, blah-blah-blah, but I am also a part of the market Vogue US caters to and I do NOT like this.

What’s insulting is how this BEYOND BORDERS concept is angled (which is also nothing to say of its obscene mediocrity in execution).

As if only now is fashion embracing or appreciating diversity. Puh-leeze.

Adut and Ugbad are not the first black models. Let’s not pretend like they are or that they’re “breaking boundaries.” Has no one heard of Naomi? Beverly Peele? Beverly Johnson? Donyale Luna? Tyra Banks? Katoucha? Kadhija? Oluchi? Sessile? Chanel Iman? Iman? Alek? Mimi Roche? Kiara? Liya? Yasmin? Jourdan? Debra Shaw? Pat Cleveland? Veronica Webb? These are not nobodies...

And is a model from Sweden and France and Brazil and Russia and Germany not diversity, too?

It’s all so exhaustingly disingenuous.

Yaaas hunty, no dominican model wepaaa!

No Afghan, Algerian, Angolan, Argentine, Austrian, Australian, Bangladeshi, Belarusian, Belgian, Bolivian, Bosnian/Herzegovinian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Cameroonian, Canadian, Central African, Chadian, Colombian, Costa Rican, Croatian, Congolese, Cuban, Danish, Ecuadorian, Salvadoran, Estonian, Ethiopian, Fijian, Finnish, Georgian, Ghanaian, Guatemalan, Haitian, Honduran, Hungarian, Icelandic, Iranian, Iraqi, Irish, Israeli, Ivorian, Jamaican, Jordanian, Kazakh, Kenyan, Lao, Latvian, Libyan, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malaysian, Malian, Maltese, Mauritanian, Monegasque, Mozambican, Namibian, New Zealand, Nicaraguan, Nigerien, Norwegian, Omani, Pakistani, Panamanian, Paraguayan, Peruvian, Philippine, Congolese, Romanian, Saudi Arabian, Scottish, Senegalese, Serbian, Singaporean, Slovak, Slovenian, South African, Sri Lankan, Swedish, Swiss, Syrian, Tunisian, Turkmen, Emirati, Uruguayan, Venezuelan, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zambian, Zimbabwean models here either.

No Afghan, Algerian, Angolan, Argentine, Austrian, Australian, Bangladeshi, Belarusian, Belgian, Bolivian, Bosnian/Herzegovinian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Cameroonian, Canadian, Central African, Chadian, Colombian, Costa Rican, Croatian, Congolese, Cuban, Danish, Ecuadorian, Salvadoran, Estonian, Ethiopian, Fijian, Finnish, Georgian, Ghanaian, Guatemalan, Haitian, Honduran, Hungarian, Icelandic, Iranian, Iraqi, Irish, Israeli, Ivorian, Jamaican, Jordanian, Kazakh, Kenyan, Lao, Latvian, Libyan, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malaysian, Malian, Maltese, Mauritanian, Monegasque, Mozambican, Namibian, New Zealand, Nicaraguan, Nigerien, Norwegian, Omani, Pakistani, Panamanian, Paraguayan, Peruvian, Philippine, Congolese, Romanian, Saudi Arabian, Scottish, Senegalese, Serbian, Singaporean, Slovak, Slovenian, South African, Sri Lankan, Swedish, Swiss, Syrian, Tunisian, Turkmen, Emirati, Uruguayan, Venezuelan, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zambian, Zimbabwean models here either.

If you read the write up, these women reflect the 25 editions of Vogue.

Not everything is racially motivated

If you read the write up, these women reflect the 25 editions of Vogue.

Not everything is racially motivated
Yes, I did that, I was responding (sarcastically) to the statement of absence of the Dominican model since there is no Dominican Vogue and also there are tons of countries where Vogue is not operating.

How on earth Anna Ewers is not on the cover again, not even on digital one?!

Of course Adut had to be on the main cover :sick:
She probably couldn't wait more to post it on Instagram and say she's the second black model after Naomi to complete Big 4. Better not forget to add this info to her Instagram bio LMAO

How on earth Anna Ewers is not on the cover again, not even on digital one?!

Of course Adut had to be on the main cover :sick:
She probably couldn't wait more to post it on Instagram and say she's the second black model after Naomi to complete Big 4. Better not forget to add this info to her Instagram bio LMAO
Because god forbid she’s proud of her own accomplishments.

I was really surprised for her to be the second black model to have the Big Four! I mean, Liya Kebede has been the most consistent black model of the past 20 years and she never had a Vogue Uk cover! It’s insane considering that she has been a OG in her big 3 covers... I don’t know what Alexandra was doing but Edward needs to fix it!

Big 4? is there still such thing? One gives 2 covers of the year to random model and 3 to Rianne. Another one are EIC's friends. And this one lost its prestige with all those 'photographers' like Tyler Mitchell. 4th one is one word - Farneti

Just like everybody else who was invited to this shoot.

Big 4? is there still such thing? One gives 2 covers of the year to random model and 3 to Rianne. Another one are EIC's friends. And this one lost its prestige with all those 'photographers' like Tyler Mitchell. 4th one is one word - Farneti
Exactly!

The lighting in the cover is too dark, it looks quite uninviting. I wish they choose different photographer. But still needs to see it in person to really make a judgment whether this looks appealing or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->