US Vogue April 2022 : Bella Hadid by Ethan James Green

Oh I love this! It has a lovely ease to it and that blue background colour is gorgeous. I'll make this the last time I complain about the kerning, but my god does it spoil a great cover.

The shoot is great as well, I'm very into EJG channeling Steven Meisel for US Vogue - it's nicely nostalgic. The editorial reminds me of that Gwyneth Paltrow x Meisel shoot from '96(?), complete with a swing shot and Bella leaning on a fence post in a field.

I'm liking the direction US Vogue has gone in with it's covers this year (minus HoYeon's, which was a missed opportunity). Jan, March and Feb have been really fresh and beautiful - they actually make me want to buy the magazine again... if only they could get a few more pages in each issue.

I love how laidback the tone of this cover is giving. I’m happy.

I've been anticipating to see Bella's first solo cover for Vogue USA, and honestly, they did not disappoint to give us a solid one.

Last edited:
LastNight was correct: Their 2022 covers minus HoYeon's (they could have executed her shoot's concept better) are stunning. I also love that they are now experimenting when it comes to colors.

It's a beautiful cover. And the editorial is also great. It's about time Bella has her OG cover.

I guessed this is closest thing we have as Steven Meisel for Vogue US since he exclusively working for Edward now.

I quite like it! Feels very nostalgic indeed. Some shots look a bit... rough? This one looks like it was shot on iPhone (terrible lighting) and this one looks very amateur to me.

A bit too cold and uninviting for my liking but can perhaps appreciate this more laid back approach, after last month's high-glam cover with Kim Kardashian. My thoughts on the cover are divided and I think there are far better cover-worthy images - like the one of Bella posing next to the fence which would've helped bring the old-school Leibovitz/Testino vibe home.

Nevertheless, it's lovely to see Bella Hadid score the cover of American Vogue solo! After umpteen editorial appearances, it's certainly been long-overdue.

I'm so not feeling this cover: it does look indeed like a Covid-era-at-home-kinda of a shoot and the lighting??? I beg your pardon??? I meannn... it's more than amateur at this level. And the styling??? Come on it's soooooooo Zara on a budget come on it's f*** US Vogue??? ''Where's the drama Edward?'' ahahahahahah I will always remember that line from Anna Wintour from the documentary ''The September issue'', because it clearly shows she does NOT want to make efforts, and Bella??? Covermodel wise they could have selected a better SUPERMODEL, I don't know: Linda for example. My gosh how the mighty have fallen, and to think this cover is part of the legacy of what this magazine used to be called and referred from us as THE BIBLE OF FASHION.

this cover: jeans on a nepo model with a bad background. OK... NEXT !

Genuinely interested when I saw the thread title, but to think I used to complain about Gisele's constant "down to earth" editorials when they were a masterclass in comparison to this.

Bella Hadid is not a model suited for non-artificial settings; she has not been made for it. All that effort and they can't let her shine in the ways in which she excels.

Two covers in a row with the subject sat on the floor. Probably some sort of subliminal messaging about grounding fashion or whatever.

My first impression of this cover was: "People magazine trying to serve high fashion."

Two covers in a row with the subject sat on the floor. Probably some sort of subliminal messaging about grounding fashion or whatever.
Or an unwitting metaphor for how everything is so lazy these days. The digital camera enables people to select the best from a thousand different shots so they don't have to bother getting things right in the first few goes. Afterwards, the editing package will compensate for whatever else is missing. They'll style things in a low-effort way and call it a tribute to the 90s, hoping that the mists of nostalgia will cloud our eyes, recalling editorials from yesteryear, and thereby reading more into modern images than they deserve.

Oh no. This might be one of the worst shots I’ve seen of Bella in fact if anything her fillers and work done is extremely clear here - this natural type doesn’t work for her at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MsTransformedClothing
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->