US Vogue August 2009 : Christy Turlington by Steven Klein

Vini

Reaction score
2vkahj8.jpg

No editorial da Vogue América de Agosto, Anna Wintour afirma que épocas diferentes "resultam" em mulheres de estilo, comportamento e vida diferentes e, assim, indica o tom da nova Age Issue, que é sempre muito – mas muito – aguardada. Para a capa, da versão 2009 do anuário especial, Wintour escolheu uma mulher de 40 anos: Christy Turlington, supermodel dos anos 90. E, como sempre, Wintour acertou. Christy está linda e tem uma biografia bem bacana, em plena evolução.

“Eu me lembro de quando trabalhei pela primeira vez com ela nos anos 80. Christy era uma adolescente, eu, editora da Vogue britânica”, conta Anna Wintour, sobre a mulher que ela define como ótima representante da primeira geração de mulheres do século XXI. É que Christy é dinâmica, tem estilo e é superinteressante. Mãe de dois filhos e casada com o editor de arte Ed Burns, ela acaba de se graduar em Saúde Pública pela Universidade de Columbia, conta a revista. Mais: Christy agora roda o mundo trabalhando como voluntária em saúde pré-natal. “Ela não fez uma vida de sua beleza, mas uma bela vida”, observa Anna Wintour. É verdade.

Annie Leibovitz assina os retratos de Christy. E também os das eleitas para representarem outras gerações femininas com idades entre 20 e 60 anos. Quer saber quem são elas? Já pra galeria. Quer conhecer mais sobre elas? Já para as bancas. Você sabe bem quais recebem os bons títulos internacionais rapidinho, vai...

Em tempo: os textos estão super saborosos. E tem editorial incrível com Raquel Zimmerman! Não perde...

rgvogue.com.br

I kinda like the cover. Somehow reminds me of Audrey Hepburn.

Isnt keen on the purple and text overload, but I do see they are trying something new

Umm... it's not that bad, I like it more than previous covers

No editorial da Vogue América de Agosto, Anna Wintour afirma que épocas diferentes "resultam" em mulheres de estilo, comportamento e vida diferentes e, assim, indica o tom da nova Age Issue, que é sempre muito – mas muito – aguardada. Para a capa, da versão 2009 do anuário especial, Wintour escolheu uma mulher de 40 anos: Christy Turlington, supermodel dos anos 90. E, como sempre, Wintour acertou. Christy está linda e tem uma biografia bem bacana, em plena evolução.

“Eu me lembro de quando trabalhei pela primeira vez com ela nos anos 80. Christy era uma adolescente, eu, editora da Vogue britânica”, conta Anna Wintour, sobre a mulher que ela define como ótima representante da primeira geração de mulheres do século XXI. É que Christy é dinâmica, tem estilo e é superinteressante. Mãe de dois filhos e casada com o editor de arte Ed Burns, ela acaba de se graduar em Saúde Pública pela Universidade de Columbia, conta a revista. Mais: Christy agora roda o mundo trabalhando como voluntária em saúde pré-natal. “Ela não fez uma vida de sua beleza, mas uma bela vida”, observa Anna Wintour. É verdade.

Annie Leibovitz assina os retratos de Christy. E também os das eleitas para representarem outras gerações femininas com idades entre 20 e 60 anos. Quer saber quem são elas? Já pra galeria. Quer conhecer mais sobre elas? Já para as bancas. Você sabe bem quais recebem os bons títulos internacionais rapidinho, vai...

Em tempo: os textos estão super saborosos. E tem editorial incrível com Raquel Zimmerman! Não perde...

I think I can guess what is said ...
But wth does this mean ? I speak NO spanish ... I speak such no spanish, that I can't tell if it's spanish actually ....

^Edit: it's portuguese I think...

Yay! Christy! I like it.

Somehow I always end up buying the US vogue august issues.

In the cover Christy looks like something out of bridal magazine...well I propably will buy this anyway.

^Edit: it's portuguese I think...

thanks Aby ...

Here is the translation :
- via yahoo ! babelfish

In the editorial of Vogue America of August, Anna Wintour it affirms that different times " resultam" in women of style, different behavior and life e, thus, it indicates the tone of the new Acts Issue, that always - but very - is very waited. For the layer, of version 2009 of the special yearbook, Wintour chose a woman of 40 years: Christy Turlington, supermodel of years 90. E, as always, Wintour made right. Christy is pretty and has a well bacana biography, in full evolution. “I remember of when I worked for the first time with it in years 80. Christy was an adolescent, I, woman editor of British Vogue”, counts Anna Wintour, on the woman who it defines as excellent representative of the first generation of women of century XXI. It is that Christy is dynamic, has style and is superinteresting. Mother of two children and married with the publisher of art Ed Burns, it finishes of if to graduate Public Health for the University of Columbia, counts the magazine. More: Christy now wheel the world working as voluntary in prenatal health. “It did not make a life of its beauty, but a beautiful life”, observes Anna Wintour. It is truth. Annie Leibovitz signs the pictures of Christy. E also of the elect ones to represent other feminine generations with ages between 20 and 60 years. Want to know who are they? Already pra gallery. It wants to know more on them? Already for boards. You know which well you receive the good headings international rapidinho, you go… In time: the texts are super flavorful. E has incredible editorial with Raquel Zimmerman! It does not lose…

Am I reading this right? Christy with Raquel Zimmermann?! :woot:

The cover is predictably bland. The text overlapping the "Vogue" title is kind of annoying.

mmm I need to see HQ but whatever it is ... it is Christy.... and I will definitely buy it.... what is this? every August we have model on the cover... is it because August issue is the less important? cos they almost never put models on the cover... as I remember last August it was Kate Moss...

I love Christy but this cover is awful (she looks like jar jar binks). I don't blame her though. I blame the people at Vogue.

I am pleased to see they have included Cindy Sherman in this issue however... hopefully the rest of the editorial content makes up for the disastrous cover.

I still don't understand why Cindy Shermann is now in sooo many fashion magazines.
Did she understand the fashion magazines - due to the boringness of most art magazines - are a place to investigate ? Is this inclusion in fashion a new part of work ? Can I say my VP with her inside are piece of art ?

I'm really lost with her in fashion magazines ......

Could someone say if she has worked with fashion magazines before the 2000s ?
I know Nan Goldin had - though their work is different ... But Cindy Sherman ?

I still don't understand why Cindy Shermann is now in sooo many fashion magazines.
Did she understand the fashion magazines - due to the boringness of most art magazines - are a place to investigate ? Is this inclusion in fashion a new part of work ? Can I say my VP with her inside are piece of art ?

I'm really lost with her in fashion magazines ......

Could someone say if she has worked with fashion magazines before the 2000s ?
I know Nan Goldin had - though their work is different ... But Cindy Sherman ?

I believe art and fashion go hand in hand. I don't think it is any surprise that she has crossed into the world of fashion. Perhaps she is in it for the money, who knows but I'd also like to say that i think it's biased for you to say that art magazines are boring. Not only biased but super vague and ironic since many fashion magazines include articles on contemporary art. Fashion itself is an art!

Last edited by a moderator:
also Cindy's work is very similar to that of fashion photography. Like fashion photography, her work is staged. She dresses up and plays 'characters' and creates this sort of aura to the atmosphere of her photographs. And I think it's refreshing to have an artist contribute their work to a magazine like US Vogue where most photographic editorials consist of blank backgrounds with models jumping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->