US Vogue December 2013 : Jessica Chastain by Annie Leibovitz

I see Van Gogh, Klimt, Valloton, Zorn, Magritte and I think that B&W picture could be inspired by Margaret Cameron if we consider the 'period' they were going for (overthinking?).

Anyway, this is super original.:rolleyes: They have been doing this kind of art-eds since the 60's, but this might be the worst I've seen. Plus, they could have used another art period as a reference, that era is so overdone (especially when the 'model' is pale and red-haired); or they could have add something personal and modern at least...

Furthermore, those new eds are an eyesore. I just can't stand the 'famous man + model' combo and the MG one is beyond cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Demarchelier's editorial looks quite fresh. Actually, it would be ideal for Allure, but I like seeing it in Vogue, though.

Edie's editorial is LOVE! Tim has delivered great work this year (not that he usually doesn't, but it feels more appealing somehow).

I also love the cover AND the cover choice. Jessica is really lovely, just whish she had a smiling shot.

Kate's is soooo deja-vu, seriously. And she doesn't even look like herself. Another airbrushing nightmare.

I'm so excited for Jessica. She is one of my favourite actresses, so extremely talented. While the cover isn't exactly my cup of tea, I have to say I like her editorial. I'm not a massive Vogue US fan, but there are some gorgeous photographs.
The Kate/Chiwetel editorial is very strong as well.

Kate is looking so beautiful in The Silk Road!

LOVING the Kate Moss & Chiwetel Ejiofor editorial ... Thats the best she's looked in a long time (thank you Testino) and Ejiofor is an underrated star, wonderful to see him get some mainstream props!

Jessica Chastain's ed in UHQ! Plus the paintings & the cover without text! Enjoy!
Ph. Annie Leibovitz

source: reccalee.com

Normally I skip the celeb interviews in Vogue because they're nothing but a lot of butt-kissing. I look forward to reading Jessica's story though.

Never heard of the cover girl before. I think Anna Hendricks would have been a better choice since the paintings seem to feature more full figured women.

One of my favorite celebrity editorials ever. Jessica Chastain just fits the bill.

'Silk Road' UHQs
Photographer: Mario Testino
Models/Celebs: Kate Moss & Chiwetel Ejiofor
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman

(without text)

source: reccalee.com

one more picture of Jessica & the painting from the index

Other Contents
Vogue View
Model: Christy Turlington
Photographer: Inez & Vinoodh
Stylist: Sara Moonves

Model: Liu Wen
Photographer: Christian Macdonald
Stylist: Karen Kaiser

worldmags.net

damnit vogue, stop trying to make me like edie campbell!!

j'adore the dickens editorial!

Safe to say Kate Moss is the highlight of the issue (even though the pictures have been photoshopped into oblivion). The image of Christy Turlington by Inez & Vinoodh is obviously another highlight - love myself some classic and timeless Christy. Jessica Chastain's pictures are a disappointment, I really dislike the whole replicating paintings concept. They've fallen flat, but I guess the cover is still very nice and vibrant and I do look forward to seeing all of this for myself.

Brooding Beauty
PH: Anton Corbijn
Style: Phyllis Posnick
Celeb: Rebecca Hall

Free Spirit
PH: Boo George
Style: Tabitha Simmons
Celeb: Sienna Miller

Marc Jacobs by Annie Leibovitz

Oscar Isaac

Ragnar Kjartansson by Anton Corbijn

ebook3000.com