US Vogue December 2013 : Jessica Chastain by Annie Leibovitz

Tim Walker and Edie together have officially produced 2 of the most beautiful editorials of 2013. Every shot is just love! I need the name of the full cast.

Ah Tim never ceases to amaze. This editorial is a perfect example of his genius. Him and Grace should work together more often! Plus, Edie is perfect for this theme!

I know I will be buying this issue just for this ed!

No seriously, why does this magazine continue to morph into British Vogue?

Walker's edit is superb, though it helps that Edie looks like a malnourished victorian chimney sweeper irl

Still not impressed with Edie, to me she just brings no magic or presence, she's very...flat. Love Tim though, I wish he had an editorial every month.

Don't know what everyone is talking about. That ed is pure mediocrity (despite Grace's input).

another ed with sienna miller...:ninja:

i am excited to see rebecca hall's ed...
the tim walker editorial is amazing, probably one of the best in vogue all year...

My first ever post here on this site! I'm so excited to finally be a member here :smile:
I really love this cover, I think Jessica looks beautiful and I love the yellow; it really stands out. The pose is a little awkward, but overall I think it works well and it's a little different for US Vogue, which I like.

^Welcome to tFS ^_^!

I don't mind how the cover looks. The cover shot reminds me of previous American Vogue covers, so I like it from that aspect. I cannot pinpoint which cover it reminds me of, though. It's just nice to see someone new front American Vogue. I look forward to seeing Jessica's pictures inside because Edie's aren't doing a thing for me (won't rant about how Tim Walker bores me to death).

Was that Tim Walker ed supposed to be in British Vogue but got rejected.

I love the cover. Jessica looks gorgeous in yellow. Can't wait to see the rest of her ed.

Can someone please stop trying to make Pixie Geldof happen. There is nothing "it" about her.

If Anna is going to shove an unremarkable model down our throats can she at least find an American one since this is U.S. Vogue? Dutch Vogue is shameless in using Dutch models but Anna insists on finding the most boring models from other countries and trying to make them happen in America. There is nothing fresh, new or exciting about Edie Campbell. Let British Vogue keep her.

I totally respect your not liking Edie but Anna is not 'trying to make her happen'. Edie is already happening. Meisel(amongst many others) has pretty much solidified her relevance.

From what I can see it is Jessica's story that's the gem here. She looks like Munch's Madonna with a healthy dash of Julia Roberts.

Dressing Like The Dickens is just gorgeous! Coddington, Walker & Campbell....amazing collaboration! Can't wait to see more of Jessica & Coddington's work in her editorial, too!

Meh. I've seen it all before. Why Vogue feels the need to throw red-haired actresses into art-inspired editorials is beyond me (Julianne, Nicole, Jessica), and I really don't need to be transported back to 1993/1994 with that Dickens editorial.

The blue on the cover is much too saturated...

I give up on trying to find the good in this magazine.

When I saw the title "US Vogue: Jessica Chastain..." I was sooo excited, especially cause I remember how thrilled was I with her Vogue Germany cover last year! Then, when I saw this cover, the excitement went away... Although I really like the whole "Flaming June" concept and story,I couldn't help but wonder why can't this gorgeous actress be shooted like it's really December? December is my second favorite month for covers, and I'm so dissapointed so far with them... This is beautiful cover, beautiful pose, and you have a beautiful model. But...move this story to June!

Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Models/Celebs: Pixie Geldof, Adwoa Aboah, Jourdan Dunn, Arizona Muse, Georgia May Jagger, Tao Okamoto, Sophie Turner, Lily James
Styling: Tabitha Simmons
Hair: James Pecis
Make Up: Tom Pecheux

fashionscansremastered.net

Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Celeb: Jessica Chastain
Styling: Grace Coddington
Hair: Julien D'Ys
Make Up: Diane Kendall

vogue.com

this is really gorgeous

Users who are viewing this thread