US Vogue December 2020 : Harry Styles by Tyler Mitchell

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Yohji, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Karl Boucher

Karl Boucher Member

2. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

WTF is that?

Ghesquiere32 and RedSmokeRise like this.
  3. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

YESSSSS!!

Everything I love in one place! A forced style icon that has nothing to do with fashion without a stylist! A token black photographer! A mediocre shoot! No concept at all! YESSSS!! DESTROY THIS DAMN MAGAZINE!!

4. crmsnsnwflks

crmsnsnwflks Well-Known Member

With Pharrell on the cover of Allure and Harry on Vogue, anything could happen next year. I'm excited to see Lil Nas X on the cover of Marie Claire.

dfl-001 and RedSmokeRise like this.
  5. SophiaVB

SophiaVB Well-Known Member

It's nice images. I don't necessarily mind a guy on Vogue (it's almost 2021). I just think Tyler's photography is so boring & wish they hadn't leaned into this horrible styling. It feels like a huge put on & am unclear why people think this is his actual sense of style as opposed to a PR image concocted for his underage fanbase.

jorgepalomo likes this.
  6. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

Let the Kanye, “I demand a solo Vogue cover!” Rant start in 3... 2....1....

7. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Dear Anna, Vogue Taiwan already beat you to this bizarre cover shot. The editorial doesnt look bad but I would rather see this on Dazed than Vogue

ph vogue Taiwan instagram

uxkml6RE_t.jpg

guimon and Benn98 like this.
  8. MariahCurie

MariahCurie New Member

where did this notion that Harry only has a good stylist and that's the only reason he doesn't wear a black suit and tie to everything come from when he's the guy who dressed like this in a boy band that seemed to get their fashion inspiration from h&m catalogues (not even zara).

#68 MariahCurie, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited by moderator Armani: Nov 13, 2020
  9. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I guess it’s a good business move. What counts today is social media’s approval and engagement and I think this will work. He seems to have a huge following/community and I guess they might support this. If this is a success, I can already imagine that infamous Lisa to have Celine as a sponsor of a potential Vogue cover.

I don’t feel anything about it but it’s quite consensual.
    I blame Alessandro Michele for this!

‘I’m more interested in what is inside the issue tbh.

I’ll take 2004 US Vogue over current Vogue any day!

MyNameIs and RedSmokeRise like this.
  10. MON

MON Well-Known Member

At least it's not gender fluid Zayn. LOL

I love how One Direction is booking more US Vogue covers than award-winning / up-and-coming actresses. What a bizarre world.

Vogue Values: Marriage, Motherhood, Democrat, Directioner

President-Elect Joe Biden rather. Mea culpa :brows:

Kiyoko and Benn98 like this.
  11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

^^^MariahCarey, you better credit those pictures, lol.

Wearing Top Gun-style aviators, with a speech bubble, 'Knock it off, pal' LOL

Doesnt Zayn already have a British and US Vogue cover, the latter not on his own? My God, it seems these tweeny boyband crooners have a greater success expectancy than everyone else. Look at Nick Jonas...

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  12. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

I can‘t get over how embarrassing this all feels, and why is he wearing a dress??

13. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

I’m sure a stylist was responsible for those styling choices too.

gunsnroses and aracic like this.
  14. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

no, no, no, no. no to all of it. don’t mind the fella but it’s all mediocre.

also, why December? we (I did... do...) wanted a glamorous cover with some festivities allure, lots of photoshop a la Leibovitz... it’s (will be) bloody Christmas ffs!!!

she has lost it. please someone make her go away.
    I mean we had a couple of good covers this year but like it has been said the issues are getting smaller and smaller, the paper quality is terrible...
    f*ck you Anna Wintour.

I have asked this before but I’ll ask again: who could replace Anna Wintour? and please don’t say Edward coz I’ll lose it. UGH

#74 WAVES, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    liberty33r1b, Kiyoko and tigerrouge like this.
  15. THD96

THD96 Active Member

I hope not, last thing we need is an overpriced sweatpants on the cover of Vogue. But then again it's 2020 and the category is "how low can you go".
    People always complained about Beyoncé being overly control but at least is still her voice, her choice. These k-pop girls are like farm chicken do whatever their agent tell them to do, everytime I read their interview I feel so forced like every single words they said have to be approved by the manager.
    PS: that Nicole Kidman may 2004 cover still live in my mind rent-free :wub:

aracic, RedSmokeRise and Benn98 like this.
  16. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

Its exciting! and unexpected. And that's what a cover should be in 2020.

honeycombchild likes this.
  17. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Oh goodness I forgot about Zayn’s UK “digital” cover!

Don’t forget Justin Bieber’s cover! Lucky for Harry, he doesn’t have a famous/model partner/spouse, otherwise, she will be used as an accessory like Hailey, Gigi, and Kim.

Imagine if Harry and Taylor were still a thing. This could have been their cover.

Also, I read in the first few pages that “this is Vogue, not GQ”.... true, but that argument no longer holds any weight. A former GQ editor is literally running Vogue Italia as if its a GQ Woman of the Year all year long. Tl;dr the bar is so low at Condé Nast that we ought not to expect.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  18. dfl-001

dfl-001 Well-Known Member

Actually died years earlier when she put Ivana on the cover.
    Heinous memories! I still get chills. :sick:

I'm not opposed to the idea of Harry on the cover ( or another guy; cis or not), I just wished they elevated the concept ala Paris Vogue's year-end guest editor.
    Paris Vogue has featured many men Dec/Jan guest editors who appeared on their cover.
    But leave it to Nuclear Anna to choose the most banal, bland, boring-*$$ weak tea American timid effort.
    The cover image is not engaging, and the editorial is the same rudimentary ' stand face forward and look into the camera.
    But I really don't expect anything great from American Vogue.
    I've learned that lesson.

slayage, jorgepalomo and RedSmokeRise like this.
  19. Mercury6181

Mercury6181 Active Member

Exactly!! He’s been dressing like this before Harry Lambert and he’s been more adventurous as his own confidence grown. As Harry Lambert has stated his process of styling Harry (Styles) is very much a collaborative process between the two NOT Lambert just telling him what to wear. In my opinion, people should be doing their research more before making these claims about how it’s manufactured. And for the people saying he doesn’t actually dress in a very fashion forward way I implore them to look up his street wear and you will see that actually he does dress like this everyday. And before you say well it could just be a stunt because of paparazzi there are a ton very grainy fan pictures of him wearing fashion forward outfits...

20. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Because Alessandro Michele made him believe that a man in a dress or a skirt had anything to do with being gender-fluid. So, he played along with it and now, after a real deep and efficient marketing, he is able to cash on that...

I can only imagine how sad his fans will be in 5/10 years when they realize that he was just a man wearing a dress and not challenging at all the status-quo of gender. When you are rich in the entertainment world, it’s not challenging at all.

Call me crazy but I actually like it. A subject like Ivana is the perfect reflection of the mood of the time. She represented a certain idea of a mass elitism, she was invited in Couture shows and she was that socialite that mattered in the elite world buy who touched everyday people.

The fact that Ivana was in the cover is even more interesting because a person with the same profile wouldn’t be on the cover today. It also shows the change of paradigm in the capitalist world.
    Back then, only money and the representation of success mattered. Now, people expect more from those people like values of inclusivity.