US Vogue December 2021 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Daniel Jackson

I’m into it. SJP has such a regal face and overall profile. I don’t know whether I’m gonna watch the reboot or if I’m gonna like it. Something or SOMEONE is missing and I can’t seem to move on. Anyways, great cover.

I’m into it. SJP has such a regal face and overall profile. I don’t know whether I’m gonna watch the reboot or if I’m gonna like it. Something or SOMEONE is missing and I can’t seem to move on. Anyways, great cover.
Production said they want Kim Cattrall for season 2, they're doing the impossible to get her in, but it's clear she hates SJP with passion.

Production said they want Kim Cattrall for season 2, they're doing the impossible to get her in, but it's clear she hates SJP with passion.
She just joined the cast of the “how I met your mother” reboot. I doubt she’ll join this show. I don’t know how I’ll watch the show without Willie Garson :(

A missed opportunity for not dressing in Galliano Margiela Couture on the cover, consider her relationship with him and how the show had so many Galliano iconic moments. But I know, it's business as usual.

I like it, it's very on brand for her and her character, big gown and stuff, very "fashion icon" for the masses.

I like the gold and taupe tones, finally something that references a more festive mood. That has been missing from magazines over the past few years.
But the backdrop looks very clinical. Daniel Jackson wasn't the right photographer for this.

Will Vogue be doing all their covers with this collectors type art direction? I like it. It worked last month. But the design relies on an image being really great, almost iconic. Yes, to those who hate the word, I said iconic, lol.

Looking forward to Iman by Leibovitz!

I like the cover, a classic timeless style perfect for december.

Now let’s wait for the newsstand cover.

It´s ok... they could have done a lot better though imo, something close up and more interesting to look at. I wonder if VUK is going to have her also on the cover and have a more striking image, a la Adele. Hate the layout.

I personally believe a reboot is unnecessary without Kim. Her character is the show’s title to be honest. I wanna be excited but at the same time it’s not easy to. I hope many people tune in for the reboot. I’m gonna wait and see.

It would be more striking if weren’t for the tacky gown.

With these said, this is just another American Vogue issue that tries too much to compete with insta and tik tok.

Let's hope when Edward Enningful takes full reign of Vogue worldwide these change at least a bit.

How on earth does this particular issue bring to mind TikTok or Instagram, for you? On the cover is a 56 year old beloved American fashion icon (yes, I’ll use the word here too, because she is) with a mature fan base striking a regal pose in a ball gown, with features inside about Iman, Bowie, Galliano, and Lagerfeld. Doesn’t exactly scream “catering to the youths”, but maybe that’s just me.

Edward’s December cover last year was Beyoncé done up like a s*x worker and this year he’s sharing a cover shoot with Vogue Italia and though I like his cover, Vogue Italia’s is by far the better one. I’m not saying he’s bad, but expectations should be measured and the idea that he’ll do something dramatically different from Anna seems ludicrous to me.

Btw this issue is 182 pages, I’m told.

I’m in Milan airport and they have both Adele and Lorde’s Vogue US covers and they are painfully thin… They look like a supplement, I was shocked. What is going on with this magazine? British Vogue has been pretty thick, even in November and December?

I’m in Milan airport and they have both Adele and Lorde’s Vogue US covers and they are painfully thin… They look like a supplement, I was shocked. What is going on with this magazine? British Vogue has been pretty thick, even in November and December?
Not only Vogue US. All American magazines are like these now. American Vogue is the thicker of them all.

Daniel Jackson for US Vogue is always interesting. He abides by Wintour law, but something is always slightly (and beautifully) off. The light, more often than not. The strangeness of this cover is not as simple as that, but the complexity only adds to the beauty. Jackson has a way of bringing classic elements together in a way that feels contemporary. I think SJP does an outstanding job too, a true acting effort, not to mention THAT profile. So very Anna's Vogue, yet so unexpected. Exceptional.

Not only Vogue US. All American magazines are like these now. American Vogue is the thicker of them all.

Yeah, I think that's the key missing context. All magazines in the US are thin now. Vogue obviously is as well, but with GQ, Vanity Fair, etc. barely (and sometimes not even) reaching 100 pages, 182 pages feels substantial by comparison. The British magazines I get are always thicker, not just Vogue but the architecture and interiors ones as well. So many fewer ads in the American ones. They're likely increasingly focused on digital ad revenue and occasionally pulling out the stops for print when they feel it counts (the US Vogue September issue this year, for example, had more pages than British Vogue's September issue)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->