US Elle November 2012 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Alexi Lubomirski

immortalbliss

Reaction score

Let's hear it for the women!

Elle's Women in Hollywood issue (available on newsstands Oct. 16) celebrates nine women who have made significant contributions to the film industry.

This year's honorees are Sarah Jessica Parker, Octavia Spencer, Cate Blanchett, Kristen Wiig, Uma Thurman, Elle Fanning, Emma Watson, Shirley MacLaine and Susan Sarandon.

Here's a sneak peek at what Parker, Spencer, Watson and Fanning said about their personal lives, careers and making it as a woman in Hollywood:

Sarah Jessica Parker
"I don't love the idea of playing another woman who loves fashion and is slightly flawed in New York City," Parker says of future roles. "I loved Sex and the City's Carrie [Bradshaw] and I don't want to do the poor man's version of her. And while those are often the lucrative things to do, it's more reason to look in the other direction."

Octavia Spencer
"Early on I had to stand up to a producer – I won't say who, but he is famous, famous. He dressed me down in a crowded office. I told him right there in front of a hundred people, 'You don't know me well enough to use that tone,' " she says of standing up for herself. "And then I ran to the bathroom and cried like a baby. But he never addressed me that way again. And he is known as a yeller."

Emma Watson
"I just knew, from the moment I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone that I was meant to play that role," she says of the character Hermione Granger. "I put one of the Potter films on the other night. And it was amazing to me that I had done all of that. I have to remind myself every now and then."

Elle Fanning
"I can't really remember my life without movies," Fanning says of growing up in the spotlight. "I make movies the same way other kids play tennis or go to piano lessons. I'm trying to get better at what I want to do, just like other kids are trying to get better at what they want to do."

people.com, elle.com

SJP's cover is nice for US Elle actually, improvement on the past few months! Look forward to seeing Emma's.

And yay for Cate's inclusion.

^Agreed! Best one this year, IMO!

Wow it looks so much better than the UK cover...love the blue background and SJP looks stunning here

Look at you, Sarah Jessica! :heart: Great cover... I'm glad they've done something different.

Their best cover this year, and actually one of the better covers with SJP in a while, she is exuding confidence there.

I forgot to put the photographer.. The photographer is Alexi Lubomirski..

For once, SJP looks like she's having fun instead of trying too hard. Love the pose!

I see SJP on the cover of a fashion magazine and am instantly happy!

It's very '90s. In a good way. In fact, I thought it was from the '90s when I first saw her.

SJP does look great on the cover, I'll give her that, quite a fun image of her. That said, did they only give her a cover because of her guest spot on Glee? Because she doesn't have anything else coming out this year, if I'm correct, no?

Also, I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but once again I must complain about Elle's Women in Hollywood issue. All of the women they choose to feature are really wonderful and deserve props. However, it does irritate me that they only have one women of color. Why not also include other women like Viola Davis, Mindy Kaling, Shonda Rhimes, etc? And of course, include more women behind the scenes too. I suppose every year I hope that Elle will improve it's list because so many women read the magazine and it has the power to educate it's readers about some of the great women working in Hollywood, but every year I'm a little disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they made her looking different. Her covers for Vogue US look all the same.

Not usually a fan of Elle's cover but this is stunning, I might even purchase it.

HQ

elle.com

IMO the true standout here has got to be Octavia Spencer. :blush: Her personality shines right through in her image and her quote seems the most intriguing, as well. B)

SJP does look great on the cover, I'll give her that, quite a fun image of her. That said, did they only give her a cover because of her guest spot on Glee? Because she doesn't have anything else coming out this year, if I'm correct, no?
She's part of Lovelace, which is going to be realeased in december, I guess.

Octaviaaaaaa :woot::heart: So everyone's getting a cover or is it just SJP? Anyway it's the best we've seen from Elle in a while I don't think just this year but on the previous also, it's so fierce love her pose and the background. They made her look young and sexy, much better to what US Vogue usually does with her I agree. Might consider buying Elle for the first time.

since when does ELLE US has the title "US Edition" on their logo???

about the cover: it's nice, i love the color, love SJP. it feel fresh. a great move ahead from their usual boring covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->