US Vogue June 2012 : Hope Solo, Ryan Lochte & Serena Williams by Annie Leibovitz

Arizona, again in the issue? -_________-

well, people always complain about alt, but anna uses the same models over and over and over again.

im looking forward to see all the athletes rather than the models.

I really like the idea of having Athletes take up the majority of the issue. It`s their time to shine and they deserve it more than Arizona, Karlie ++ (well maybe just for this month or months to come)

The cover is not bad in general, it's just that there are no connections with a fashion magazine what Vogue is. I'm not familiar with American athletes and to me as an European who is only looking fashion from a magazine like Vogue, this cover is just really random. Why would I buy a magazine with athletes I know almost nothing about? If that Ryan guy would have been shot with Karlie and Joan, for example, then it would have been a complete different story. So yeah, the cover is kind of nice, but it has zero impact to me and it wouldn't lead me to buy this Vogue US number.

They're probably saving Michael Phelps for a GQ cover after he wins another 500 medals this year. Also, do you really think Anna would let someone with his face on her magazine?

Well she put Gaga's face on the cover :lol::innocent:

It doesn't look Vogue to me, but then i think for this occasion that is not a bad thing. I appreciate the lack of text, and wow no banner, yay. However that review is soo heavy with athletes, i enjoy sport, but i want fashion in Vogue, and Lopez AGAIN? Wtf!

I have mixed feelings on this issue. I think it's a cool idea but the cover isn't a great one. The contents isn't exciting either but I suppose I'll wait to see how it looks.
Posted via Mobile Device

If Vogue are going to do sport, I would have liked female athletes to be more the focus of the issue, instead of relegated to hanging off the main guy's arms and featuring in what sounds like much shorter editorial content.
Posted via Mobile Device

Karlie looks stunning in her ed, cant wait to see it in full with the athletes. The shot in the orange dress is stunning, and the McQueen one is beautiful as well. Huge thanks to Fashion Scans Remastered. :heart:

Karlie`s editorial is amazing!

So is he the fourth man on Vogue US's cover? After Richard Gere, George Clooney and LeBron James?

Penelope Cruz was on the cover in December 2007 with the Matadors, also.

Not amazing, but not bad. Looks more like a men's fitness magazine than a fashion one.
Not to be harsh, but, Michael Phelp's face is not cover ready.

Phelps was on the cover of GQ and he looked great, imho.
It does make me think this is a cheap effort to get younger girls to buy the magazine by putting a hot looking guy on the cover?! :ninja:

If there was ever a reason for multiple covers this would seem to be it.
This would have been great with Serena on a cover by herself and Hope on a cover by herself.
Similar to the May 1996 covers with Niki Taylor and Naomi Campbell.
This could have been better, but, it's Annie Leibovitz, so it could have been worse! :innocent:

well, people always complain about alt, but anna uses the same models over and over and over again.

im looking forward to see all the athletes rather than the models.

true, at least by vp Natasha, Lara, Anja, Isabeli are not in EVERY issue, unlike Atizona and Karlie in vogue us. However Karlies ed is amazing.

i like the cover, it would be better if it was a model or two with athletes but i like that they go for athletes and NOT celebs. I love the Olympics, it's really huge, so i like the fact the cover is pointed to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karlie's Editorial is amazing!

The cover would be a lot better and look like a 'fashion' magazine if Karlie was on the cover!

The guy almost looks like hes on Menshealth but on a whole its a nice cover it has an all American sporty vibe to it. Karlies ed is fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Karlie editorial is so, but soo good!
I'm not even a fan of her...I became sort of her fan when she was the cover of VI December 2011 cover, and day by day she is doing some incredible editorials!

true, at least by vp Natasha, Lara, Anja, Isabeli are not in EVERY issue, unlike Atizona and Karlie in vogue us. However Karlies ed is amazing. .

Well, actually Karlie and Arizona aren't in every Vogue US issue either. Karlie hasn't been in an issue since March and Arizona's only been in the May and January issues. So let's not... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->