US Vogue October 2006 : Sandra Bullock by Steven Meisel

I don't mind the Hilary and Karolina edit... it's not that bad :smile:

Unfortunately that's it for editorials for this issue. I would scan Sandra but I have run out of time.... it's quite nice despite the fact that Sandra is pretty boring when it comes to fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the scans! i'm not sure i understand the concept of the hilary/karolina ed though.

Faith Akiyama said:
^That last shot in #18 is very reminiscent of the Hilary/Iselin editorial in Vogue Italia September :o

Thanks for the scans!

I agree! That being said, I am not quite sure I get the KK/Hilary ed. It made me tilt my head. Still nice though!

or is it saying those clothes can protect you agaisnt the dangers of the city? lol

polka_dot said:
The hazards of shopping? :ermm:
i doubt Vogue would send out that message when it gets paid to print tons of ads every issue:innocent:

The editorials are gorgeous. I'm so happy; I just got it yesterday!

I managed to get my hands on an issue ... I think the safety-themed editorial is quite interesting and I like the different situations the editorial puts the models in ...

For anyone whose nose is sensitive to perfume, beware of this issue. There are at least two ads which have this long fold at the side which you open to sample the perfume smeared along the centre of the folds. Regardless of this hiding, the smell is still very conspicuous without opening the folds and I vaguely remember sniffing at the air like a dog on a hunt, trying to figure out why there was this strong smell of expensive perfume when there I was, sitting in the teens section of the library ...

ETA: Just as a note to highlight how strong the perfume is, I live in Singapore, meaning this copy of Vogue October 2006 had to be shipped or flown for at least 15 to 20 hours. Not to mention all that transport required to ship the copy all the way from the printing house to the warehouse and then to the airport ...

that KK edit is just plain weird. honestly, i simply don't get it. in my opinion, she's the most gorgeous woman on Earth, so i can't fathom why they would want to photograph her in random homeless-looking clothes (designer or not).

HOWEVER, she still looks very pretty, and i'm glad to see her have an edit in Vogue.

i didn't get the kk/hilary ed.
to me it just reminded me of past editorials in us vogue.

boring cover though the eds are nice, the kk /hillary is 'different' and that I like! Hopefully Sandra's ed is more interesting than her cover coz shes a beautiful woman

Aww....Sandra looks so pretty on the cover. When they shoot her right, she can really look stunning. (though I'm not too much of a fan of her uh..'acting')

happycanadian said:
that KK edit is just plain weird. honestly, i simply don't get it. in my opinion, she's the most gorgeous woman on Earth, so i can't fathom why they would want to photograph her in random homeless-looking clothes (designer or not).

HOWEVER, she still looks very pretty, and i'm glad to see her have an edit in Vogue.

She is pretty...but I like seeing models put on a quirky mask and I enjoyed seeing KK in this mode. Different, most definitely.B)

I love the Gisele and Eric Bana edit.:heart: That green Valentino cocktail dress is something I need have now.:P

i'm amazed at how little interest this thread attracts.....i just hope someone at vogue would notice and compare this to the reaction the linda e. cover received! i mean, can't they see we really don't need every boring actress out there on the cover anymore???

Not really into this issue. Sandra looks her best ever but there are only two editorials and they are both not very exciting. The Meisel story reminds me of his terror travel story in the September Italian Vogue, yet nowhere near as clever in concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->