Using Photoshop for fashion illustrations - Tips & Advice

i need help, i was just doing something on photoshop and i pressed something which made the image kind of mix with the one behind, i dont know what the correct wording would be, but this picture had a white background, but didnt copy as a block...

what did i press to do that? :P

Look on your 'Layers' palette. Right below where it says layers you may have clicked on that box that scrolls down. It should say normal, unless you changed it. OR it could be your 'Opacity' or 'Fill' levels.

I've saved this thread under my favorites, it has been so helpful. I have a question too. How can I group pictures together into one jpeg like this, with a grid design? Is this something I do in photoshop, or is there an easier way? (pic from stylemepretty)

yeah, you can do it in Photoshop or any image editing program
Just make a big canvas, and paste all the images you want on there.
Then delete the excess canvas... It will be up to you to size the images correctly, so that they become 'grid-like' :wink:

... It will be up to you to size the images correctly, so that they become 'grid-like' :wink:

Oh grumble garble garble, I had a feeling I had to size all of them myself:wink: Thanks so much for your help.

Is there by any chance a program that you can upload pictures that they will size them to a particular size and fix distortions for you automatically?

When I was doing my online magazine, Hel, a friend of mine, made some grid like pictures for me, and she said she used HP Photosmart Essential 2 but I've not used this I'm afraid :(

This is how it looked though:

19011485mh4.jpg

Bonjourjr

(but I edited in the words...but the rows of pictures were all done using this software)

Is there by any chance a program that you can upload pictures that they will size them to a particular size and fix distortions for you automatically?

Use the crop tool in Photoshop, you can type in the size you need them to be and click and drag over the original photos.

I use photoshop to color my designs or and textures. It's all very basic, I'll probably start doing my 'flats' on photoshop too.
sheerblackblousesilverbrocadeskirt.jpg

brocadedresswithshirt.jpg

rufflebodicedrapentulledress.jpg

Moderator's Note:

For those of you who have not noticed it, we have a
Fashion Wizard on our Home page which allows you to use our props, or you may download our templates to design your own fashions on photoshop and then post them in the Fashion Wizard Gallery. For a tutorial about how to design your own rather than use our props, go here.

Hey people, Photoshop is a great application for design. But for those who need the versitility and unlimited fexibility. Use Adobe illustrator, I use this application along with PS CS3, there a force to be f'd with. Texturizing can be done in photo shop, but thats not what the program is for. Illustrations and anything else you can draw is great in illustrator, it can even trace your drawings for you. I sometimes you PS CS3 for touch ups, but mainly use it for *photo* editing.

Last edited by a moderator:
tutorials

hello bette!
just clicked on the links you provided and there is nothing there. is fashion wizard still on tfs?
please let me know
thank you!
Moderator's Note:

For those of you who have not noticed it, we have a
Fashion Wizard on our Home page which allows you to use our props, or you may download our templates to design your own fashions on photoshop and then post them in the Fashion Wizard Gallery. For a tutorial about how to design your own rather than use our props, go here.

Why are so many asking how to make simple things like collages and what not when I thought this thread was for illustration- which is drawing.

up :smile:

I was wondering if anyone could explain how to do what can be found on the first page and voguelover94's drawings: put texture in your drawings. (maybe how to get a pencil drawing clean and how to make flats on it too ^_^)

Thank you in advance! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->