V #88 Spring 2014 : Lorde & HAIM by Inez & Vinoodh

mikel

Reaction score

billboard.com

New Zealand high-school student EllaYelich-O'Connor, better known as underdog pop hero Lorde, is a girl on fire. The self-aware singer, who sometimes dip-dyes her fingers in black paint, just raked in two Grammys this year, making her the third youngest Grammy winner in history.

Now the “Royals” songstress fronts V Magazine’s March Music issue. She shares V cover duties with lady rock trio Haim, who are on alternates. There are an additional two covers to come, making it four acts total.
On the black-and-white cover shot by photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin and styled by Carlyne Cerf De Dudzeele, Lorde strikes a pensive pose in a black Chanel dress.

Lorde wearing Chanel is a match made in fashion heaven. And how amazing are her huge teased tresses? They’re so bold that they give Lady Gaga’s hairstyle back on her 2012 Vogue cover a run for its money.
While Lorde is undeniably making major waves, she’s not too keen on being dubbed “the voice of a generation.” “Oh, come on!” she objects when informed that an NPR writer has just referred to her as “the Nirvana of now.” “I’m sure so many people will read that and be like, ‘**** off!” she says to V.

Check out more snippets from her interview below and head to V Magazine’s website later today (Feb. 13) for the complete interview.

On being portrayed as an “anti-Miley [Cyrus],” an “anti-Taylor [Swift]": Lorde insists she’s not particularly interested in being “anti” anyone, even if, as she admits, she is demographically something of an in-between.
“I’ve always hung out with people older than me, with my parents’ friends, because I appreciated the conversation. And even now, although I have heaps of friends in high school, I also hang out with a lot of older people. And sometimes with them I’m like, “God, this is boring!” But it means that I get to have these stimulating encounters with people that I idolize, which is cool.”
On suddenly finding herself rubbing elbows with red-carpet-walking royals and finding it bizarre: “Totally,” says Yelich-O’Connor. “You’re right, it is at odds with what I write about, and the reality of my life until a few months ago. But when I go home, I still do all the stuff I used to do. I dunno...part of me feels like it’s weird to just get sucked into that world.”
On being wary of Lorde overload: “I want to let people stop hearing Lorde on the radio all the time, because it’s kind of crazy at the moment. I’d like to give people a little bit of breathing room before I unleash something different.”

V’s March Music issue hits newsstands on February 27.

I like both covers, especially Haim's cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inez & Vinoodh? Lorde looks great, and so does HAIM even though I have no idea who that group is

Two of my favorite musicians. :buzz: So glad to see them on the covers of a major magazine.

I love I&V,but this is nothing special,not my cup of tea.

Love that HAIM got a cover as well - first time I'm seeing them on the cover of anything, their album is great. These covers are wonderful - simple and very elegant.

I love both covers, and the fact that V put Lorde & Haim on the music issue :smile:

Banks, HAIM, Lorde & Say Lou Lou by Inez & Vinoodh
Styled by Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele

vmagazine.com

Love that it's all women on the covers ... even if its HAIM.

I love Banks, but I'm not too sure about her cover. She is a beautiful woman, but I don't like this particular shot. Love the other three covers though.

Banks, who i love has proven that she is not very photogenic. Shame there isn't a musician of color. FKA Twigs would have been great on the cover

Shame there isn't a musician of color. FKA Twigs would have been great on the cover

FKA Twigs would have been sensational shot by Inez and Vinoodh! That is definitely a missed opportunity for a beautiful cover.

Not interested in any of these girls and the images are anything but exciting.

Lorde and HAIM are the two I like, the others aren't needed. So happy for both Lorde and HAIM though, massive fan and they all look stunning.

Lorde looks stunning! She reminds me of Sunniva Stordahl in that shot. Must be the styling. I honestly have no idea about the rest of the girls.

Who's The Boss
Ph: Daniel Sannwald
Stylist: Patti Wilson

dominicanfashionmodels.com​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"