V Magazine #111 Spring 2018 : Sam Smith by Nicola Formichetti

It should have just been Jaad on the cover with "Brave New World". That would have meant something, and I would have instantly snatched up.

He's an unbelievable dead ringer for the impossibly beautiful Cameron Alborzian.

There’s a gorgeous digital cover with the V logo made out of wings coming out of Sam’s back

The trophy wife, her gay friend and his boy toys...breast cancer awareness has just gotten bolder.

I forgot V still exists. But this cover proves me why I forgot about them.

From a completely technical point of view, if you're going to do a studio shot in front of a plain backdrop, this would be how to do it.
I like that the grey is bright instead of the dreary deep gray like we saw on the UK Vogue Taylor cover last month. The lighting is beautiful and the skin tones look natural. You can even see the color of their eyes.
Everyone is right though, the models steal the shot, as it should be. I'm tired of the celebrity worship in the industry. New Years resolution should be to end that once and for all.
I'd be looking to buy this had it been a duo with Grace and Jules alone or knock Sam out and sit Jaad in his place.
Just the three would have been dynamic.

Kendall's Spring Awakening
Photographer:
Jeff Bark
Stylist: Karla Welch
Model: Kendall Jenner
Make-up: Lisa Houghton
Hair: Teddy Charles

vmagazine.com

The cover is a total flop for me. Sam doesn't have a photogenic face or look and pairing him with models just seems like a desperate way to add to an already boring subject - ugh!

I would like congratulate Sam Smith’s agent, although still not at the level of the one of Blake Lively’s, that’s like the gold standard, it must work really hard to manage that someone so bland and that no one cares two jots is never forgotten for long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the Italian edition of the new issue. This would've been a lot better without the male models and Sam in general. Or if they weren't randomly popping out from the sides and all.

^^^ Which one of these four don't belong comes to mind LOL

My God that's shockingly cheap-looking... not surprised that it's that Nicola person who came up with it. Straightup tacky.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Which one of these four don't belong comes to mind LOL

:lol:

This is such a joke! Your debut issue and you go with perhaps the most corniest and cheesiest shot yet? Oh and btw, nice touch to go with Grace Elibeth probably knowing that she sold well for VI in July. :rolleyes:

^^^ You’d think he would have grown as a “creative” individual a decade after all that 1st-year fashion student juvenile-trope with that gaga person brought him into the spotlight… But clearly not so going by this mess; it’s still that 3rd-rate drag ball aesthetic with naked guys. Who signed off on that cover with the photobombing concept that resembles a trolling meme…???? I’m convinced V is run by 13yo interns. (And you just know that 13yos are Sam Smith’s most devoted followers…)

Poor Jaad and Grace. They could have set the cover on fire in capable hands.

UNITED STATE OF FASHION: LILY ALDRIDGE IN NASHVILLE
Photographer: Craig Salmon
Stylist: Soraya Dayani
Hair & Make-Up: Alicia Marie Campbell
Model: Lily Aldridge

vmagazine.com/article/united-state-of-fashion-lily-aldridge-in-nashville

Voice Freedom
PH: NICOLA FORMICHETTI
MODELS: AUGUSTA ALEXANDER (WIENER MODELS), MATTHIEU CHARNEAU (SUCCESS MODELS), ASSA MYRIAM (HEROES MODEL MANAGEMENT), NASSIM GUIZANI (ROCK MEN), CATHERINE BABA, YASMIN GEURTS (MUSE MANAGEMENT NYC), LEOMIE ANDERSON (FUSION MODELS), SAM SMITH, GRACE ELIZABETH (NEXT MODELS), JULES HORN (IMG), JAAD BELGAÏD (NEXT MODELS), HOYEON JUNG (THE SOCIETY MANAGEMENT), BRANDON GOOD (NY MODEL MANAGEMENT), SORA CHOI (WILHELMINA MODELS), NICO TORTORELLA (IMG), ELLEN ROSA (DNA MODELS), ELLA BALES (IMG), OLAJUWON ANDERSON (HEROES MODELS), JACOB HANKIN (SOUL), ROMAN KEREKES-SHAW (NEXT MODELS), ADESUWA (SILENT), SAMILLE BERMANNELLI (ELITE)

vmagazine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->