Valentino Pre-Fall 2015

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Alessandra Turra
Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli said they wanted to send out a message of “peace, love and harmony” with their pre-fall collection for Valentino. To this end, they channeled the free-spirited multiculturalism of the bohemian lifestyle, translating it into a beautiful lineup that referenced the Seventies in its silhouettes and prints but was also infused with a fresh, modern appeal.

The duo teamed up with textile designer Celia Birtwell, who created exquisite floral patterns, inspired by Sandro Botticelli’s “La Primavera,” used for a range of chic, hyper-feminine dresses. These included an allover embroidered silk georgette maxi style with long sleeves and a printed minidress with contrasting lace inserts on the bodice that gave it a delicate, youthful twist.

The collection’s sophisticated take on daywear was focused on pattern and texture: Rich embroideries and brass studs with an ethnic feel peppered a silk and wool blazer, worn with a silk georgette shirt and washed denim pants featuring contrasting stitching; a cool hooded Kalgan fur coat was matched with denim culottes, and a clean-lined cashmere coat was artfully embellished with graphic multicolor embroideries and suede details.

wwd.com

Jesus, there are 97 looks in the collection. Even Chanel doesn't do that much per show anymore.

Way too many looks :shock: and just a few I like.

I just so the collection... it never ends, so unnecessarily long... and mostly ugly. There's a lot of terrible outfits, and this one takes the cake:

XJzvZ9Y.jpg

style.com

OMG look at the sparkling iron-on crystal detail on camo pants!

It started out great with those flowers, then got a little weak but those space outfits at the end are amazing!

For me, Valentino has become an italian version of Burberry.

While I'm not very keen on many of those dresses, their coats are beautiful as always. And what's up with all those capri pants? :ermm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->