Valentino Resort 2008

some dresses are quite pretty and summery... but nothing exciting...

This is sooo boring and bland. Its like a wayyyy watered down ss07 collection.

It's maybe the first time Valentino disappoints me that way. The clothes, the casting, the atmosphere. I don't see anything I like... well I'll have a second look:blush:

Overall it's rather dull. However there are some pieces which will no doubt look lovely on the right person.

I don't understand why people are disappointed and surprized. What did you expect? It's the usual Valentino

This is actually my favourite out of the resort collections. That might be because I like this kind of conservative and safe fashion, but I am happy. For once Valentino made something that isn't downright tacky. The last dresses, the long ones, are a little bit borderline though.

Not bad, but I don't ever expect much from Valentino. Incredibly commercial, of course.

after having another look at it, I have found a few pieces I like among the first outfits but still... it lacks of that specific Valentino atmosphere I always love in his shows. That might "only" be a cruise collection, the other cruise collection (chanel, dior and even feretti) had the atmosphere I'm waiting for from their labels/designer. Don't know if this is clear, though... It's more of a feeling than an objective analysis :blush:

It is the typical Valentino stuff. I guess I need to look at it the second time, but just the colour palette and the fit are really off for me.

i like some of the dresses. especially the pink one shouldered dress with the flower.lovely. the rest however...

ahh... i usually love valentino but this is just screaming J.C. Penney's and mother of the bride...

though on second glance i am oddly intrigued by that white one-shoulder layered evening gown...

^:lol::lol:

So true!

What happened to Mr.Valentino? Is his age starting to effect his performance and creativity? :shock:

This is a disastor...and that's speaking from someone who normally ADORES his work!

Looks like a Marc Jacobs collection, very mature, very classic and a bit boring.

This looks like a collection Mr. Valentino didn't oversee himself for the full 100%, I guess this is the work of his design team. BTW, the casting is appalling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->