Valentino Resort 2025 Milan

It's not like Phoebe, Tom Ford, Hedi Slimane or Nicolas Ghesquière, who actually have a personal approach to clothing. This is all pure styling and gimmick. I can recreate all those looks with garments from the dollar store and you would not even notice

I think people sometimes confuse the difference between having a POV, a worldb-building vision with being one note and being unwilling to change or evolve.
Nicolas, Tom, and Phoebe are considered great because their design philosophy changes as they grow. They reference their past, but they're never lazy enough to send out direct copies of their hits. Nicolas LV was never a replicate of his Balenciaga, Tom has already established new design elements for his brand that never relied heavily on his Gucci, and with Phoebe we can already see that she has somewhat grown up from her Céline since the market has been oversaturated with her “children”.
One more great example is Karl. His evolution is out of this world. His designs from the '90s are different from his 2000s to his final years. And his world-building vision is still unmatched. His Chanel never looked the same as his Fendi.
Here we have the same parade with just a different logo. If you change the name of this thread to “Gucci Resort 2016” it will still have the same effect. The fact that it has been 9 years since he presented his first collection and he still shows no sign of growth in terms of his aesthetic.

I'll give Alessandro another chance, I'll wait until his “official” debut in September if it is just the same parade as this. Then goodbye, I'll move on from him like I did with Hedi.

Like somebody mentioned it here, Bianca Jagger was a huge inspiration for this collection.
fd887d9a5a97d3359be607643f0f9bbad4-bianca-jagger-20.rdeep-vertical.w450.jpg Kopie.jpgc2f44865a7e7507168b4435fa2fbd109b8-bianca-jagger-46.rdeep-vertical.w450.jpg Kopie.jpg72ef304ef6cff4ef2b52cede06865728e9-bianca-jagger-32.rdeep-vertical.w450.jpg Kopie.jpg475a81a6a8af4c4111c50448ab534329af-bianca-jagger-57.rdeep-vertical.w450.jpg Kopie.jpg1aeeed1b3e660e979ac2668a378fda4fa3-bianca-jagger-41.rdeep-vertical.w450.jpg Kopie.jpg02f2bb89f4a80fbc58cba6920d61e94d1f-bianca-jagger-14.rdeep-vertical.w450.jpg Kopie.jpg532368f0bae2b38ac17b278332dec64303-bianca-jagger-31.rhorizontal.w807.jpg Kopie.jpgfbe077dc512c156312aeb6a4ef2c340a6b-bianca-jagger-01.rhorizontal.w807.jpg Kopie.jpg
Maybe he should shoot everything in Black and White like Slimane next time...? :innocent:
Anyways i am looking forward to the first New Valentino campaign! Micheles Gucci Ads were always fun and very camp.
Love him or hate him, but the world with him is a little bit more entertaining, no?

The Cut

I was hoping he would stop with the blend in one Gucci, but nope he's back at it. Just slapped Valentino logo over it and continues whatever he was doing at Gucci.
I miss the sexy and classy Valentino.

Can I say something 🙃 this need a lot of toning down but all in all this is just what Valentino needs. Now remember fashion spot commenters you guys were just complaining for 5 years straight about ppp. Valentino needs to move on into a new universe into new world while bringing the old world along. Some of these looks maybe over the top and The styling may need to move along but I'm ready to see women dress up again. I'm also ready for women to wear really wonderful things in private I'm sick of the red carpet as a critique. I think this collection is focusing on bringing an older customer back the Gucci customer in and a new customer not just for bags shoes and clothing but for small accessories they are setting Valentino up to rival Chanel. I can't wait for the couture show.

Screenshot_20240618-002640~2.png Screenshot_20240618-003142~2.png

I've never really been a Valentino fan, but I have always admired it and admittedly liked some clothes and shoes here and there.

To me, the Valentino woman aesthetic is like the one of a contemporary Greco or Roman empress or even a modern Cleopatra. She's classic, alright, but she's still elegant, refined, yet sexy (not vulgar).

To me, this collection screams 'granny chic' all over the place, so I fail to understand how this relates in any way to the Valentino woman we all know. Not gonna lie, I've always found this guy's work appalling.

^ too long to wait till january

Turbans and pearls from Garavani

firstview.com
Yes good example that shows actually what a spirit mean!
Trish with that Turban and pearls doesn’t look like a character. There’s a sense of reality. At best, she could be an eccentric chic lady…

I’m curious to know Giancarlo’s opinion more than anyone else.

I don't see FASHION here and usually in his work
I see stolen ideas and retrospection from 60s 70s and 80s
FASHION is all about going forward
Tih is not FASHION

Well, he liked Alessandro’s post on IG, so perhaps he approves, even in a very low key way…
Maybe he had a private preview of the collection. Anyway his opinion will be scrutinized in September.

I have to say, I’m much more curious to see what to expect from Couture with Alessandro than RTW. He can’t possibly double down on the same thing for Couture (I hope)!

After taking a second look, I really have a lot to say on this collection. While the womenswear silhouettes are archetypal Michele, they are very much in line with Valentino's designs in the late 60s and early to mid 70s: the long chiffon dresses, the rectangular jackets and coats, the florals, the leopard print. The geometric prints is a nice Art-Deco addition. The menswear is charming and the shift towards a wider silhouette was smart. However, I do feel that it will be a harder sell in the current aesthetical dichotomy of angry incels and sad twinks.

I do appreciate the more subdued colour palette and I hope that continues throughout the rest of his tenure. The all-white/cream/beige looks are a nice nod to a collection from 1968 and I wish they were more of them. I also wish that the red in look 162 had more of a presence throughout the collection, maybe he should've used that instead of the lilac.

The accessories are really nice. The first thing is noticed were the turbans, which are a nod to a collection from 2000, but were also a common styling trick for older women in the 60s and 70s. The earrings are beautiful too. The bags and shoes are archetypal Michele (chain crossbodies, ballet flats, strappy sandals, loafers), but they're more appealing than PPP's designs.

The core issue I have with the collection is the presentation: the styling, the casting and the setting. I like it, but it's too "Gucci". This collection probably would've hit better with the Valentino fans if he had taken a different approach. Personally, I would ditched the more vintage, geeky elements and embraced a slightly more conventional jet-set glamour for Valentino. It would've been cool to see the collection shot in the streets of Rome instead of against a blue curtain.

171 looks! A lot of misses but there are some hits. I love the dresses, skirts and accessories, I can tell he did look into Valentino archives but he needs to evolve from there.

The menswear offering is horrific though. The logo-ridden pieces go to go it's horrific. I can at least see some effort in the womenswear but ughhh the menswear is so lazy.

BoF's review on the collection:
‘Hyper Beauty’: Inside Alessandro Michele’s Surprise Valentino Collection
Over 260 images dropped during Milan Fashion Week provided a look at the star designer’s plans for the Roman couture house. ‘It’s a continuous orgasm,’ he said.

By ROBERT WILLIAMS
June 17, 2024

BoF PROFESSIONAL

MILAN — When Alessandro Michele unveiled his debut collection for Gucci in 2015, his evident mastery of the brand’s codes was the fruit of a dozen years’ labor designing behind the scenes under Tom Ford and Frida Giannini.

At Valentino, Michele took just two months: the Roman brand, which named the designer its creative director on March 28, surprised the fashion world Monday by dropping an unscheduled lookbook on the last day of Milan menswear week. The mixed-gender collection slated for pre-spring 2025 features more than 260 images including propositions across categories, from ready-to-wear to handbags, shoes and silk scarves.

More than a teaser, the collection provided a comprehensive overview of how Michele is approaching the Roman couture house's codes: Belted ivory peacoats with V-motifs on pockets, or cropped jackets styled over matching tailored dresses paid homage to Valentino Garavani's iconic white collection from 1968 The ladylike looks were accessorized with turban hats and looping strands of pearls that added a whiff of Michele's cinematic kitsch. Elsewhere, gender-fluid styling gave a jolt of modernity to throwback silhouettes as male-presenting models wore bell-shaped capes and ruffled turtleneck blouses, while many of the most sartorial looks (including bell-bottom suits Garavani himself might have worn in the 70s ) went to the girls.

“Something magical happened, a chemical reaction, and we started to work as if in an orchestra — with love, and without looking at the time. We lost ourselves in Valentino’s archive,” Michele told reporters from The Business of Fashion, Vogue and WWD about he and his team’s process of immersing themselves in the legacy of Garavani, who founded the brand in 1958.

“It’s something coming from our heart and our guts,” he added.

Where Michele’s tenure at Gucci was marked by an embrace of over-the-top, twisted glamour, at Valentino he is working to connect with the intense prettiness of its founder’s couture.

“There’s a sort of obsession with what I would call hyper beauty. As if this life was not enough for him, so that it had to be amplified,” Michele said.

The debut collection is titled “Avant les debuts”, or “before the beginnings.” Michele insists that he and the “orchestra” of his studio are still “tuning [their] instruments” ahead of their first runway show scheduled for this autumn’s Paris Fashion Week, which is certainly the most hotly anticipated designer debut of the year.

The mention of beginnings, plural, was surely no accident, but rather signature Michele: During eight years as creative director of Gucci, Michele attracted a new generation of customers to the luxury fashion industry by deploying multifaceted collections that celebrated fluid self-expression and a broad range of identities. Collections blended mens and womenswear, archival shapes and maximalist embellishments, sportswear and demi-couture. Watching Michele juggling those plot lines, while testing the limits of how far the brand could be extended via collaborations was a big part of the thrill.

Michele’s first outing for Valentino, as such, might be seen as a collection of first steps in the designer’s latest round of simultaneous journeys.

“The process is not going to end. I still have the same gaze… It’s still me remixing things,” Michele said.

In his initial outing for Valentino, Michele interspersed hallmarks of the brand's intensely pretty, romantic identity — like pleated, tea-length skirts and ultra-classic pocketbooks — with decadent touches associated with his own aesthetic: cascading ruffles, (faux) fur trim, retro sunglasses and metallic gold jewel-tone details. Other Michele-isms included contrast piping on ivory blazers, or looks that simultaneously featured plaid, paisley and monogram.

By releasing the collection on the morning of Gucci's second menswear show by creative director Sabato De Sarno, Michele might have been marking his territory — or at least announcing to partisans of the old Gucci that there's a new place to shop — while invoking Valentino's codes enough to not alienate existing fans.

But Michele insists that his reverence for the house Garavani built goes deep.

“I’m really in love with the place I have decided to inhabit, which is becoming my home,” he said.

“I’m touching extraordinary relics worn by extraordinary women who were his friends … His creations talk about him, about his very sophisticated fixations. About how a dress is a vehicle for extraordinary lives,” Michele said. “This world is very, very complex — and much less banal than we might think.”

Meanwhile, as Michele gears up for his first foray into couture — set for early next year — the designer says he finds himself in ecstasy over the capabilities of Valentino’s workshops and suppliers.

“There’s a level of workmanship that I see for the first time in a company. I can ask for the impossible, you know?,” Michele said. “For someone like me, it’s a continuous orgasm. It’s a climax.”
BoF

There is not much evolution here its the same sh!t from Gucci , Valentino has such a rich history , just go to the archives mofo , even Valentino's clothes from the 60s and 70s look far more timeless than this foufy nonsense. Teenage girls playing dress up is not what Valentino is about its about socialite women who know how to hold their champagne glasses and handle elite d!ck at night.

Hopefully he gets it right for his main debut collection.

Last edited:
I don’t know what people are expecting from Valentino in 2024, but I’m personally glad that Alessandro is responding to the archives with his own aesthetic and touch.

What Mr. Valentino did was perfect and should be left in the time period whence it was created in. We don’t need to see what he did Version 2.0, we need to see a different and unique interpretation of his archive.

That is precisely what Alessandro is doing.

Also if you understand the ethos of the brand and why Mr. Valentino did what he did, you will understand what Alessandro is doing at Valentino for the year 2024.

This kind of opulence and extravagance 2024 is almost an act of rebellion against the status quo and against what the prevailing "trends" are today. "Beauty for beauty's sake" and timeless elegance are qualities that Valentino essentially stood for. He was never aspiring to being avant-garde or to creating new shapes and silhouettes like his peers. He instead focused on craftsmanship and timelessness and beauty.

Why are people suddenly expecting the creative director of Valentino to be avant-garde or somehow distinctly new in terms of concepts? This is not the brand to position a Nicolas Ghesquiere type creative director.

LOFFICIEL ITALIA

Last edited:
not referencing valentino isnt the problem. i think its a taste problem, he is cosplaying those photos from the past in his collection. instead of actually taking them in 2024. his poor choice of colors, prints and mismatching everything isnt doing him any favours at all. everything looks well made unfortunately they are neither timeless nor modern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->