Valentino Resort 2025 Milan

I was reading some of Valentino's old interviews and I found this little tidbit from a 1965 interview which reminded me exactly of Alessandro's vision :
And, in a prescient moment, he added that what “really makes a woman elegant are the accessories . . . many and expensive.”

I see a lot of people take issue with the "more is more" styling approach here and refer to as it being "granny-chic" and somehow "outdated", but if you take the pieces away from the presentation and you look at the garments on their own, there are actually a lot of modern and timeless things that reference the history of the brand.

What's more, the "spirit" of Valentino is to create beautiful clothes that are imbued with references to the past and to culture (ie. cinema, opera, ballet, all of which Valentino is obsessed with). Mr. Valentino has said this many, many times. Beauty for beauty's sake. Just because some of us may not like the type of beauty that Alessandro is proposing, does not mean that we can assert confidently that he does not understand the "spirit of the Valentino". It's quite unreasonable .

And also, since when was Valentino ever associated with "sexiness"? He made beautiful evening gowns that were essentially classic and evoked women's sensuality at most, but to call any of his pieces "sexy"? I think he would be horrified. We are speaking of a man after all who had a meltdown in his documentary about an evening gown being too sheer, and then referring to the sight of legs in this evening gown as being vulgar...

The collection launches / is available to pre-order from October the 8th. I see a few products are available in the flagship boutiques, like on Avenue Montaigne for example. The windows have been updated to reflect Alessandro's vision already!

To be honest AM's aesthetic was always more Valentino than Gucci so regardless of people's preference for minimalist vs maximalist styling and so forth, this works. And yes, quality looks top notch all around.

the tweed jacket and red dress with cardigan look like excellent old lady clothes (and I mean that with full sincerity). Not for me but I can see the market and acknowledge the quality.

merchandising was never his problem. We knew he was gonna deliver beautiful clothes in-store. It's the overstyling that keeps his collections down and how dated his styling choices are. All of these could have been presented to look younger and modern but he seem to hate being fresh even in his own style.

On a side note, that has to be one of the most generic-looking interior concepts of a luxury brand I‘ve seen in a long time - Up there with what somebody posted of the Sabato de Sarno era Gucci.

As for the clothes - What I can see is as prim and digestable in that department store-ready way as it can get. Something one would expect from a pre collection but if that makes for the majority of merchandise shops are receiving, it‘s not going to wow anyone.

The kind of woman to whom this is targeted to could find better options at Erdem, Oscar de la Renta or Dries van Noten and certainly next season with Sarah Burton when she unveils her vision for Givenchy.

On a side note, that has to be one of the most generic-looking interior concepts of a luxury brand I‘ve seen in a long time - Up there with what somebody posted of the Sabato de Sarno era Gucci.

As for the clothes - What I can see is as prim and digestable in that department store-ready way as it can get. Something one would expect from a pre collection but if that makes for the majority of merchandise shops are receiving, it‘s not going to wow anyone.

The kind of woman to whom this is targeted to could find better options at Erdem, Oscar de la Renta or Dries van Noten and certainly next season with Sarah Burton when she unveils her vision for Givenchy.

Valentino probably just ordered their grandparents attic furnitures and animal print carpets and wallpapers. Theyre coming for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoohaa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->