Valentino S/S 2025 Paris

INCREDIBLE SHOW, love it! It was like I was not watching a fashion show, but a decadent movie, with no models but characters… loved the music, the set, the round camera for the shoes, that reminded me of “Citizen Kane”. So cinematic! You can love it or hate it but Alessandro gives you ‘magic worlds”, not a dress on a model that you can find identical on the street, and this for me is the idea of glamour, like a different and unreachable world.

I don't know where to start that was was a bit confusing to me , didn't feel really Valentino to me but I quite liked the atmosphère of the show, very captivating. I'm not a fan of the accessories especially that suede studded tote bag they trying to push feels very dated

It will do well also its more polished and leaner less naive then his gucci was more cartoonish , yet the styling could be more light so it would be more cool and sleek to be a cross of him and Valentino.

It will last for a while and then they will get rid of him when it will inevitably dial down. So why not cut to the chase and build your own brand so you can go on even if the numbers go down from time to time which always happens.

It’s definitely very him, and I did not expect anything else. The focus is however a bit different from Gucci. His Valentino feels a little bit more polished and royal, starting with the quality of the garments. It’s a bit more dark, opulent and lux. I like what he’s being doing with the logo on the white bag with the black trim in the shape of the logo, with the same motive being repeated in a men’s jacket.

Lots of amazing products here, as a staunch minimalist I see some really beautiful lush seperates that I wouldn’t mind having in my closet.

The weakness as always is the styling. Every look is laboured. Glasses, scarfs, face jewels. It’s a whole thing. You’d wish he’d let it all breathe sometime.

Very Blair waldorf 2024...lol and some little jenny

i would have remove the looks with jeans

The look with the black body looks very Saint Laurent from a couple years ago

Some of the last looks were the better part from this collection....kinda :/

The more polished looks were the best

The men's look debatable...

The casting 50/50

Some accessories were nice

Loved the floor...

Let's see how consumers will respond to this and can't wait for the reviews...

I lost interest quickly but I kept watching just for intellectual honesty.
I’m bored already.
The set, the music was good but I hate an extra long collection in a slow pace. I don’t know if it was more than 30 looks but it felt like it was 90…

He is a good dressmaker and the tailoring was good but the « everything in the kitchen sink » kind of approach to fashion is really annoying to me.

Paradoxally, I was fooled by look 1 and almost expected to be surprised.

If I have to think about one thing that I really loved about it besides the set and the music, it was probably the big framed sunglasses…

Highly predictable, at least at Valentino his romantic vision of feminine looks seems to fit better, although, as always, menswear is lost.

Some of the clothes were really good but OMG the styling , 0 editing of looks , is just too much. This is why you need a muse to tell you when sh!t is proper or not .

I hate AM style but this has to be his best show (even if it’s still not my cup of tea). I think he should’ve gone for a more refined styling, avoid the bandanas and the contrasting harsh colors and should’ve kept the menswear out of the show.

I see a little bit of 00s Valentino glamour and kind of see a little bit difference from his Gucci. Accessories seem not bad.

The setting not my cup of tea either, although quite eye catching and easy to remember. I would’ve gone for something a la Valentino HC, something very demodé.

For this terrible week this is even not that bad.

The first look fooled me! I was looking forward to the next one, but then the slow pacing, the terrible camera and then the usual over-the-top costumed, dusty, smelly looks came one after the other and it lost me.

I really have a hard time with creatives who don't know or care about adapting their vision. He can lean into a certain era and aesthetic, but does that mean not giving a F about what has been established before? How can most creatives be so rigid with their creativity when it should be fluid and adaptable?

On paper, Michele and Valentino seem like an amazing pairing, but in the end, I see his (lack of) interpretation of Valentino's codes as just simply disrespectful.

While watching the show I was like “where’s the light where’s the lightness?”

Everything was so dark, heavy, and repulsive. I am already missing the natural light(ness) PPP gave us

INCREDIBLE SHOW, love it! It was like I was not watching a fashion show, but a decadent movie, with no models but characters… loved the music, the set, the round camera for the shoes, that reminded me of “Citizen Kane”. So cinematic! You can love it or hate it but Alessandro gives you ‘magic worlds”, not a dress on a model that you can find identical on the street, and this for me is the idea of glamour, like a different and unreachable world.
I want to live in that world, long smokes cocktail after midnight, private balls long conversation about the world and art fabulous

If one looks more at the collection you see some Valentino which will be more noticeable in the real world. The styling made it look like a continuation of his Gucci days with the vintage cult / Noah's ark crew. It makes them look like preteens playing dress up in their glamorous mother's closet. If they were styled to look like women than girls and also varied with the casting this would have been a decent Valentino collection. Don't make us wish for a Piccioli return.

dear lord. I hate the music, the light were too dark ................. I WANNA SEE the clothes

This is polar opposite to everything i love in fashion, but it’s so well done. Not to mention, PPP Valentino now seems like Frida’s Gucci… boring and not ever realized quite well…

This is polar opposite to everything i love in fashion, but it’s so well done. Not to mention, PPP Valentino now seems like Frida’s Gucci… boring and not ever realized quite well…
No not at all it's just that time changes and that's okay . PPP was amazing he just had less to offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->