Valentino S/S 2025 Paris

Kering execs are going to look so stupid when this sells like crazy lol. Although they own a stake in Valentino right, so maybe they won’t care?

Side note: was the floor slippery or something? Everyone looks like they’re about to fall

Last edited:
It was very heavy and very boring. To watch a show where you KNOW how it's gonna look like is boring, coupled with the VERY serious music and set, it's hard to stay awake.

I hope Jared and Harry don't start wearing Guc..Valentino. No, guys, please. Let's raise the testosterone now. Lol

Couldn't care less for the clothes or designers that are more than happy to play the corporate game but somehow cannot read the rules and just churn out and recycle the same story in every house they go into. If you're going to do that, why not just grab a pair and start your own label? 🤌. But anyway, my main question is, who's the set designer for this? the floor looks wild but it's generally kind of sexy! I like it.

^ Literally my first thought. I guess he wasn't front row at the show?

This isn't as bad as I expected, it feels a little more refined and polished than Gucci. But I have the exact same reaction looking at this as I did when he was at Gucci; some great individual pieces but the styling and presentation is so full on and once again, super dated. The only look that's perfectly styled for me is look 10 with the shimmery black and silver jacket with the frilly white collar. Perhaps also 27 and I quite like 72 as I think the men's suits and looks were stronger overall.

He's in dire need of a stylist to edit and cut the BS but I guess he's got too much ego to let someone edit his vision. I know Alber didn't work with one (at least outside of the Maison) but you know that's like comparing caviar and McDonalds...

Once much of this is put in the hands of proper stylists and mixed and matched with other brands for editorials it will look a lot more elevated. Red carpet won't do anything for it if celebs are in total looks.

I would love to see Garavani's reaction.
I find Mr. Garavani very obliging. A lot of what Pierpaolo Piccioli did at the end of his tenure had nothing to do with what he did : punk rock, indie music, nose rings. We're talking about the go to brand for European aristocracy and royalty at some point. The man is in his 90s now, 92 to be exact so he's probably not that involved or even concerned about what his namesake brand becomes. Giancarlo Giammetti might be more. Maria Grazia and Pierpaolo put out a dreadful couture collection back in the day with bright neon chiffon dresses and alien blue makeup. I bet they got told off after that because they never did that again. This is nowhere that. It's fine.

Last edited:
Me to 😂 in one collection you have destroy my life's career ysl something something something ....😂 But he will be quiet because he still makes money with that house.
no dear Garavani sold it all he has zero royalties coming in from the current brand.

The Qatari investment group Mayhoola for Investments S.P.C, backed by an unnamed investor, acquired full ownership of Valentino Fashion Group SpA from London-based private equity firm Permira and Italian textile manufacturers Marzotto. While Valentino did not disclose the name of the investor behind Mayhoola, British media had recently reported that Qatar's royal family was previously in advanced talks to buy the fashion label for about 700-755 million euros ($850-930 million).

Valentino had faced financial difficulties for some time. London-based private equity firm Permira took control of Valentino Fashion Group, which at the time included Valentino and German menswear brand Hugo Boss, in 2007 for 5.3 billion euros in one of the largest deals in Europe that year.
In December 2009, hit by the financial crisis, the brand had to restructure its debt and Permira, together with textile manufacturer Marzotto,
placed Hugo Boss in a separate entity.

He is just very old now and maybe not in perfect health to be stressed with this show or anything else, like the Bof interview Alesandro said he did not get to speak to him since his appointment.

It is what it is.

My concern is that this is only the baseline. Once his success is confirmed (inevitable, not because of his talent, but because Valentino had been so dormant and so small relative to Gucci, and Gucci customers will shift over), his ego or “artistic integrity” will come in full force and we will start getting the insufferable freak shows.

Need to save this post so I can quote it 4 seasons from now when body parts as accessories start to appear again.

Me to 😂 in one collection you have destroy my life's career ysl something something something ....😂 But he will be quiet because he still makes money with that house.
Time to dust off this screencap, again.

1727632135543.png

(What makes the YSL/Tom Ford "in 8 minutes you've destroyed my career blah blah" so funny is the context in its ENTIRETY. It's not just about a designer making a poor collection as a new CD and the founder being unhappy. Oh no...)

Last edited:
Maria Grazia and Pierpaolo put out a dreadful couture collection back in the day with bright neon chiffon dresses and alien blue makeup. I bet they got told off after that because they never did that again.
I actually loved that collection! SS HC 2010! The Avatar collection!
And mostly, I loved the fact that Valentino and Giancarlo hated it!
Valentino lacked elegance towards Alessandra just to burst in tears at the SS2008 Couture just because it was basically a carbon copy of his work.

So he deserved that Avatar collection!

Still today HC FW2009 and SS2010 are my favorite collections from the duo.

is hedi bitter he didnt get valentino so he decided to post his collection 1 hour before? hedi for valentino makes so much sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybabycrzy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->