Valentino S/S 2025 Paris

no dear Garavani sold it all he has zero royalties coming in from the current brand.

The Qatari investment group Mayhoola for Investments S.P.C, backed by an unnamed investor, acquired full ownership of Valentino Fashion Group SpA from London-based private equity firm Permira and Italian textile manufacturers Marzotto. While Valentino did not disclose the name of the investor behind Mayhoola, British media had recently reported that Qatar's royal family was previously in advanced talks to buy the fashion label for about 700-755 million euros ($850-930 million).

Valentino had faced financial difficulties for some time. London-based private equity firm Permira took control of Valentino Fashion Group, which at the time included Valentino and German menswear brand Hugo Boss, in 2007 for 5.3 billion euros in one of the largest deals in Europe that year.
In December 2009, hit by the financial crisis, the brand had to restructure its debt and Permira, together with textile manufacturer Marzotto,
placed Hugo Boss in a separate entity.

He is just very old now and maybe not in perfect health to be stressed with this show or anything else, like the Bof interview Alesandro said he did not get to speak to him since his appointment.
no July 23.
The French-based luxury group announced that it has completed the acquisition of a 30% shareholding in Valentino, following approval from the antitrust authorities
Kering has announced that it has finalised the acquisition of a 30% stake in Valentino, according to the terms announced on the 27th of July. The luxury group paid 1.7 billion euros to Valentino’s owner, the investment equity firm Mayhoola, with an option to buy 100% of the Italian brand’s capital until 2028.

For the time being, Mayhoola remains the majority shareholder with 70% of the share capital and will continue to implement the brand’s strategy, under the leadership of CEO Jacopo Venturini.

“I am impressed with the evolution of Valentino under Mayhoola ownership and very delighted that Mayhoola has chosen Kering as its partner for the development of Valentino, a unique Italian house that is synonymous with beauty and elegance”, said François-Henri Pinault, Chairman and CEO of Kering in July. “I am very pleased with this first step in our collaboration with Mayhoola to develop Valentino and pursue the very strong strategic journey of brand elevation that Jacopo Venturini will continue to lead”, he added.​

from the press release.
I assume they will have to pay the remaining 70% much higher is Valentino rockets by 2028.

Styling aside (it's too Michele coded), it's perfection, it's much more than anything his Gucci was, more formal, more elegant, also very dreamy, and there isn't a hint of tacky logo. The shoes are tdf.
And the menswear is so well proportionned, it's everything Vaccarello tried to achieved and missed.
I am literally in love with the polka dots blazers dinner jackets for wome, they are so so chic !!!

I would love an analysis on the comparisons and references between this and Valentino's archive, because it looks very AM but some of the pieces and full looks are sooo rich. I'm in love with look 83

It started off fine and then towards the end it goes into 100% Alessandro with no regard to the Valentino.

I suspect the pieces that read as Valentino the most are look 2 and the ruched gowns with ruffles - likely just reproductions with hardly any edits to update.

The shoes are strong and the accessories are great. Lots of separates to add to an existing wardrobe - I think this collection may do well so we will be stuck with this aesthetic once again. I guess the jet set and glamorous Valentino will not be returning anytime in the near future.

Didn’t know Gucci went to Paris this season, lol.
Btw, it was very predictable if you ask me.

Ohhh, I loved it. The craftsmanship and attention to detail were incredible, something rarely seen in ready-to-wear today. It reminded me of a video where Karl Lagerfeld joked that compared to Valentino and himself, everyone else makes rags—it couldn’t be further from that. With that being said, It’s clear this collection will be extremely expensive, which is why it’s smart he included contrasting pieces to complement the showpieces. My one critique, which has often been mentioned before, is editing. It needs to be a bit more precise to avoid feeling like a couture trunk show. Concise editing would help create a stronger narrative, preventing the audience from feeling fatigued by an unnecessarily long show. Overall, it’s a great start, and I’m excited to see what he’s going to do next.

This was a tacky and incoherent mess of a collection and textile waste at its finest. I can only hope his time at Valentino is short-lived.

with a couple looks aside...this looks like a aw collection....same feeling with Mcqueen....

Valentino always had at least a tiny bit of understated sex appeal to it or am I wrong? This has none, none whatsoever. But like other people are saying, perhaps with better styling and editing this could have potential. I just think this guy has this really strong POV that will never truly resemble any brand but his own. Still, this is better than his previous offering at Valentino. For one, I loved the broken mirror runway thing going on.

I would love an analysis on the comparisons and references between this and Valentino's archive, because it looks very AM but some of the pieces and full looks are sooo rich. I'm in love with look 83
I am not versed on Valentino but I am sure there are a lots of correspondance with our YSL archives (Couture or Rive Gauche) ... on looks : 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 16, 26, 29, 43, 45, 49, 52, 67, 61, 62, 64, 68, 73, 77 and 85.
Plus the polka dots boots, I am pretty sure there were some similat versions in 1982/1984

Take the looks apart and the pieces are beautiful. Perfect for Valentino actually.

While watching the show, I think that an obstacle for Michele is to focus his message in each show. If he could focus on one message in the styling of each show, then each show would appear different. But since he does all the same ingredients in each show, it all starts looking the same. For example, do a gypsy one season, the next the 70s, the next the 20s. But instead he does it all each season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybabycrzy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->