Yohji

Reaction score
elDuQ3b.png

nHIvAZa.jpg

B2BLpQz.jpg

rH0R9WD.jpg

kaBE3kt.jpg

vanityfair.com​

This is actually really charming. The cover could have been better but at least the editorial looks good.

The pose on the cover is a bit stiff, but still love it! She looks beautiful in the photos, great styling. She wears clothes really well (specially for a politician).

I wonder whether this will be kept as the cover of the UK edition. Subscribers would probably be fine with it, but I can't see it shifting on the British newsstand - if newsstand sales of this magazine matter to Conde Nast UK.

I have no complains. The cover is a little flat but she shines in every single pic.

Wow, very unexpected subject! I like AOC so I am biased. I always feel like Vanity Faire should do more controversial covers because this is what the title of the magazine for. If VF could put AOC on the cover, maybe they should consider putting Melania Trump too.

If VF could put AOC on the cover, maybe they should consider putting Melania Trump too.

I disagree. The only reason anyone has any interest in Melania is because of who she married, and he already gets wall-to-wall coverage. She herself is not an interesting, inspirational, or aspirational subject, in my opinion. Though I suppose if one makes it their goal to find a sugar daddy, she might be an aspirational figure to them. Unless Melania was willing to make real revelations and provide news-worthy exclusives, I can’t see her getting a cover as anything other than giving a member of that awful family yet another platform to spew their nonsense.

AOC is controversial/interesting because of HER politics, HER career trajectory. She’s self-made, she inspires strong reactions.

What a coup! I love this, notwithstanding the rather stiff pose.

I hate that cover. She's undeniably beautiful, but that pose is just STIFF.
A cropped version would have been better, or that gorgeous blue suit shot from the editorial.
I like AOC, but I'm not a stan. On any given day I can find her thrilling, or completely annoying.
I still voted for her tho, and will probably do so again. I'm actually surprised that she's just now getting a VF cover.

Tyler Mitchell however, is the dullest, and luckiest photographer working in fashion right now, with the exception of Collier Schor.
He seems to have an endless supply of colored sheets tho.

The cover is terrible, but the edit is stunning. I've always had some sort of straight crush on her, she's gorgeous.
In love with the shot of her in the blue jacket, I'd have used that one instead.
AOC is in many ways similar to The Orange One, there's this cult of personality/celebrity that surrounds them because of how divisive they are, but at least in her case she's using that to put the spotlight on important issues.

I know of her and I think she's fairly recognisable internationally, but I'm not sure if most people in the UK would as well? It's again one of those situations where it would just be better if the UK edition had it's own cover stars.

That unhinged 'judge' at Fox news is probably hard at work with another angry monologue to rail against 'the liberal elite' and how biased they are. See? AOC and Kamala can get covers but nothing for Melania. Zzzzzz.

She’s not a model and is relatively new to politics, I don’t expect her to be at ease in front of a lens at all times. She’s just so naturally radiant, full of personality and photogenic that it still works, or it doesn’t matter I guess.

I love the palette and styling.. that second picture..:heart:

Very excited to see AOC!

Cover could have been better - looks like a media shot in front of a floral step-and-repeat at some Hollywood event, but the inside pictures are great. A differently cropped version of the blue laughing shot would have been amazing for the cover I think, or the last shot if she were looking into the lens. Overall I really like it and look forward to it arriving in the post.

If Biden wins + dems flip the senate and maintain the house, that photo of AOC laughing in the blue pantsuit would be THE BEST cover to troll her critics. I’m cackling already just thinking about it.

That’s not a good angle for her, and due to her stiffness, they should not have chosen a mid-length shot like that. The expression also comes off as if she’s undecided on something. I found her profile picture on Twitter a lot more engaging and cover-worthy than this cover but the ed is gorgeous and proves that she’s actually photogenic. I know that we’re not supposed to comment on physical appearance when it comes to politicians, but Beto and her are among the very few attractive ones imo. Pete could also photograph well from certain angles as evident by the Ethan James Green shot for Vogue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Editorial is great, aside from the cover and one image. The cover is weird, strange expression, and pose. May or may not pick this up.

The expression on the cover would have been different but as a whole its a solid cover and ed. That smiling shot should have been the cover. Love the styling too, very modern take on what a politician should wear.

… so are politicians the new celebrities - yoikes :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->