Vanity Fair June 2010 : Cristiano Ronaldo and Didier Drogba by Annie Leibovitz

omg.. O_O my bf is going to buy this. hahahaha

they should shoot them with models hahaha :P

^ well that's what wintour did back for the olympics. bc you see, she does care for art & fashion. the thing is... that cover was also shot by Leibovitz

other than that, this cover's a mess.

here it's for reference

http://www.fashion-iconography.net

Last edited by a moderator:
fevrier i think they should shoot it like the one Teen Vogue did with Karlie Kloss for May edition 2010.

Eww sports. I hate when VF does sports issues. It's worst than ex-presidential douches.

ahh whatever, I'll buy it. lots of people I know are planning as well. the cover features the goal-scoring machines of Chelsea and Real Madrid, clubs I support. and I can't wait for the World Cup! :D

:lol: During the 2006 World Cup, I saw his face and thought he was GORGEOUS! Now, I see his face and want to vomit :yuk: It's nice to see Didier on the cover, very unexpected but I guess they wouldn't put Wayne Rooney's face on the cover of an American magazine :lol:

Well Thank God i say.:lol:

Well Ronaldo is my compatriot, and although I do not like his look he's an absolutely marvelous player so if someone deserves a football cover he's the one , I think the idea for the cover is quite interesting and it's well executed, and that makes a change because i simply loathe Annie's work.

Tiger Woods’s Inconvenient Women, Part Two

woodsopener460.jpg

In Part II of his investigation into the Tiger Woods scandal, in the June issue of Vanity Fair, Mark Seal delves further into the peculiar world of the billionaire golfer, and examines how disastrously he and his advisers handled the scandal that shattered his carefully constructed image.

Drawing on a Florida Highway Patrol report and statements given by witnesses, Seal breaks down the chain of events that landed Woods in the hospital on Thanksgiving night—an investigator initially believed it to have been “domestic,” meaning a domestic disturbance between Woods and his wife, Elin Nordegren. Seal also speaks to three more of Woods’s mistresses and to various other insiders. Among the topics the article covers:

The Accident and Its Aftermath

• “His destination remains uncertain, but his route is known,” Seal writes. “He pulled out of his driveway and headed down the road in front of his house. Going about 30 miles per hour, he went over a raised median, bounced off two curbs, plowed into a row of shrubbery, hit a fire hydrant, and collided with a tree.”

• The police investigators who wanted to interview Woods and Nordegren were turned away three times before finally being told that no interview would be forthcoming. “With no blood work, no surveillance videos, no statement from the husband or the wife, and no explanation of much of anything, it was beginning to look as if Tiger Woods’s accident had never happened,” Seal writes. “On December 1, the Florida Highway Patrol issued a Uniform Traffic Citation to Eldrick Tiger Woods for a ‘non-criminal traffic violation,’ along with a fine of $164 and four points on his license, and the case was officially closed. But it was just opening for a squadron of women who were about to come forward with shocking stories of their relations with Tiger Woods.”

Team Tiger’s Efforts

• Woods’s parents were controlling and driven, but it was his representatives at IMG Worldwide—first Hughes Norton, who was fired by Tiger’s father, then his current agent, Mark Steinberg—who created the billion-dollar franchise. Steinberg’s habit of always saying no in order to protect the superhuman image he had created for Woods backfired when his mistresses started saying yes.

The Women

• Cori Rist, who met Woods in a New York City nightclub, saw his childlike side, from his fondness for watching cartoons while eating Froot Loops to his insecurities as a boyfriend—according to Rist, he wanted to know where she was and what she was doing all the time. “From the moment I’d wake up, he’d be texting: ‘Who’s with you? Are you alone?’” she tells Seal. “It was almost like high school, when you call someone all the time: ‘Where are you? How do you feel about me?’ He needed constant attention and reassurance.”

• Adult-film star Veronica Siwik-Daniels tells Seal that Woods insisted she quit the p*rn business, because he couldn’t stand to see her with another man. She also says she became pregnant by Woods twice, but never told him; according to Siwik-Daniels, the first instance ended with a miscarriage, the second with an abortion that she got when she came to feel that Woods was cheating on her—and not with his wife.

• Jaimee Grubbs says she met Woods when she was 21 and spending a weekend in Las Vegas with some girlfriends. A V.I.P. host at a nightclub brought her to his booth, and at first they struck up an innocent flirtation. She spent two nights in his hotel suite without having sex with him, she says. After her first overnight visit, according to Grubbs, she got an in-room massage that Woods’s friend Jerry Chang told her to charge to the room. Later, she and Chang went shopping in a Rolls Royce. (Chang did not respond to Vanity Fair’s requests for comment.)

The Love Affair

• Rachel Uchitel, a former V.I.P. host, declined to talk about Woods with Vanity Fair, but she reportedly had a relationship with him that was based not only on lust but also on love. With details from the editor of The National Enquirer, Seal tracks the alleged relationship between Woods and Uchitel and recounts how the Enquirer followed her to a hotel in Melbourne, Australia, where Woods was also staying, and gathered evidence for the article about Woods and Uchitel that was published shortly before Woods’s Thanksgiving-night accident.

Gloria Allred’s Role

• Famed women’s-rights attorney Gloria Allred has represented both Veronica Siwik-Daniels and Rachel Uchitel. Media reports, including one from Allred’s daughter and former colleague, Lisa Bloom, have said that Allred procured payment from Team Tiger in exchange for Uchitel’s silence. When Seal asked Allred if this was true, he writes, “A full 10 seconds passed while she smiled at me a dozen ways before purring sweetly, ‘No comment.’”

• Allred later sent Seal an e-mail clarifying her “no comment.” It read: “When we had lunch, you asked me if Rachel or any of my clients could not comment because we had made settlements with Tiger. I paused for a moment before answering and you said that you were going to write down that I smiled and then that I said ‘no comment.’ I just want you to know that the reason that I smiled is because somewhere in almost every conversation about Tiger that a reporter has with me (when speaking about my client, Veronica) that question pops up and it is only a question of when in the conversation it will appear. I just wanted to provide you with that context, so that my smile would not be misinterpreted.”

Celebrity Friends

• According to Cori Rist, Woods had his own room in the uptown New York apartment of “a superstar ballplayer,” and he often took Rist there for trysts.

• Jaimee Grubbs says that whenever she and Woods watched TV together, he was fanatical about holding the remote. She says he told her, “The only reason I’m accepting this [her demand to watch Desperate Housewives] is because Teri Hatcher is one of my good friends.”
vanityfair.com

I am of the opinion that Vanity Fair is currently being created each month by a team of talented Mad Libs players.

Cover ( insert one staid Leibovitz shot or unpublished dead celebrity photo )

Articles
( insert one beat the dead horse article on celebrity sex scandal )

Features ( insert one article on old Hollywood )

What a strange cover for Vanity Fair...are they hoping to steal some of Playgirl's audience?

Poor Cristiano?! He's getting so little love in this thread!
I guess I'm rowing my own boat, but I think he's handsome! :blush:

I could do without the Tiger Wood's skank parade, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as he's supposed to have slept with over a hundred women while married to Elin, are we going to see this article become a regular column? Because seeing these women, once was one time too many for me, although I could see why the magazine wanted to cover the scandal and get an angle on it. Fair enough, write about it, but these images... I'm not interested in unremarkable people taking up space on the pages of an expensive glossy magazine.

^ IA. There is something very cheap about it all, not something that needs to be glamorized.

fevrier i think they should shoot it like the one Teen Vogue did with Karlie Kloss for May edition 2010.

oh now there's a thought! but a different photographer, please. i am no fan of Annie L unless she's with Grace Coddington.

and wait... didn't meisel shoot something with soccer players and gisele for sept. 2005; i think. that was a gorgeous ed, and the whole purpose of showing soccer as a theme didn't get lost with the models and clothes.

sergeantkero we should really take over VF.

:woot::woot:Im over this cover not being fashionable:rolleyes:..idk, i just want to PLOW them both:lol::lol: so this is a great cover for me

My sentiments exactly. Vanity Fair is a lifestyle magazine, not a fashion magazine, and I certainly envy a lifestyle that allows one to gaze at ripped, mostly naked soccer players for an extended amount of time. :brows:

Uh, when was was Vanity Fair ever a fashion magazine? They are more like a so called "classier" tabloid (although some articles by certain guest writers make me intrigued).

Poor Cristiano?! He's getting so little love in this thread!
I guess I'm rowing my own boat, but I think he's handsome! :blush:

I'll take up an oar and row this boat with you, honey, the guy's sex on legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->