Vanity Fair June 2010 : Cristiano Ronaldo and Didier Drogba by Annie Leibovitz

omg underwear catalog gone vanity fair cover? they should have dragged them in jockstraps. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is he given another chance to pose in his boxers ?
He really irritates me beyond belief ...
but i have to agree with everyone else, its an awful cover

Nice bodies...but I'm not into beefcake...err..the only thing I like about the cover is Drogba's face. He is quite beautiful.

What is VF thinking?! i'm not impressed ....that Ronaldo is so full of himself :yuk:

I'm not interested in unremarkable people taking up space on the pages of an expensive glossy magazine.

Exactly, we shouldn't be giving extra attention to a series of women whose greatest achievement involves sleeping with a serial philanderer.

should've put kaká on the cover instead of cristiano ronaldo...

:yuk::yuk::yuk: WTF and this is fashion¿¿¿¿, this should not even be posted here, imo:sick:

i sooooooo agree with you; it seems like everytime i put something like that in the forums moderators always delete my stuff. well said, glad to see that people find these unfashionable interferences annoying just like me. B)

emmawatsonj.jpg

One Bewitching Coed

Evgenia Peretz and Patrick Demarchelier spotlight Emma Watson as the star of the Harry Potter series masters a tricky real-life role: Ivy League freshman.

By Evgenia Peretz
Photograph by Patrick Demarchelier
Styed by Jessica Diehl

June 2010

Once upon a time there were two little girls living in England. Both were kind, full of energy, and eager to please, and had a charming habit of telling people what to do. One was named Hermione Granger, the other Emma Watson. “If I'm honest, I was her,” says Watson. “I was very keen. I was super-eager to please and be good. And I was always kind of bossy.” At age 11, Hermione was so bright and winning that she was selected to go to Hogwarts, the famous school for magic in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. At age nine, Emma was so bright and winning that she was chosen from tens of thousands of girls to play Hermione in the first Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Ten years—and a $5.4 billion movie franchise—later, Watson was in 2009 the highest-paid actress in Hollywood and has found herself in a place even stranger than anything Rowling could have dreamed up: Brown University.

“It was just awful,” she recalls thinking at first, during freshman week. “I was like, I must be mad. Why am I doing this?” And what was with all the party-hearty stuff? She nervously attended her first frat party, hoping she might get into the swing of things. “I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, Wow, they really do drink from these.” Then she started meeting people: a roommate who had no interest in Harry Potter (phew!), some really friendly rower guys, and eventually one Rafael Cebrián, who's a rock musician and actor in his native Spain and has reportedly become her boyfriend. After shopping classes, she settled on European women's history, Ovid's Metamorphoses, and acting. “I think actually I'm the worst person in the class,” says Watson cheerily. After a youth spent as a superstar, Watson has finally found out what it feels like to be a normal, liberated girl—and she's never been happier. “I was scared before I came to Brown—that I wasn't going to be allowed to have both [a career and a normal life]. People would think that I didn't deserve to have both. [I was afraid they'd think], You're famous. You're given free handbags. Why should you deserve to be normal?” And in case they hadn't noticed, she's also the gorgeous new face of Burberry. As its creative director, Christopher Bailey, puts it, “She's the only girl I know who gets two completely different reactions from people: ‘Aw’ and ‘Whoa!’?”

BTS Video: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/features/2010/06/emma-watson-video-201006

vanityfair.com

^ Oh, lovely portrait of Emma Watson! Very classic Demarchelier, but I like it. (Goodness she looks young, though. 20 wouldn't have been my guess. That should turn out to be an asset in another 20 years. :lol:)

People complain about this cover, but somehow after Tiger Woods this isn't much of a shock or even a disappointment to me. It's just kinda there, on the newsstands (I'm sure -- I don't actually know). Where it's also likely to remain. I just wish the photography had been better; a little more Men's Health and less theatrics, since this is the direction they went in this month. The underscored muscle overload just isn't very sexy to me, it only brings back ridiculous and simultaneously slightly disturbing imagery from 300. And I like muscle in a man, mind you.

Surprisingly weak stuff from Leibovitz, though, even by her standards. Which I don't rank very high. If there's a genuine moment captured in the pics of the main feature, I completely miss it every time.

Having flicked through the issue earlier, that Emma Watson feature is what stood out for me, but I suppose sticking her on the cover would be 'yet another white girl'.

I have a UK copy of this - so the adverts and page count will be different to the US version - but it's 142 pgs, notable ads are a new Chanel Cocoon one with Vanessa Paradis, a Gucci ad which is a vintage shot of men working in a leather cutting room, that Louis Vuitton Core Values footballing ad, Dior jewellery, and a 4 pg card insert with Julia Roberts for Lancome mascara.

Maggie Grace is the Vanities girl, some waffle about Norman Mailer and his many wives, a 2 pg mention of Lost, a look back at Wall Street action in the 1930s, the footballers portfolio, the latest chapter in Rupert Murdoch's dealings with one of his editors (Wall Street Journal), more about Tiger Woods' women (the other shots are better than the one we've seen), Emma Watson, a look at Obama's social secretary Desiree Rogers and the purpose of White House state dinners, and Taki does the Proust page.

You're funny. These men are the highest paid and most famous sportsmen. They are not for free.
I'm not talking about how much they got paid to be on the cover. I'm referring to the magazine not being "glossy" as it was once upon a time. But yes I'm very funny. ^_^

Emma Thompson looks so beautiful here. I just can't wait for the next Potter film to be out. Have read all the books and I just love Hermione!!

Hermione has become quite the little sexy Fashionista
Emma Thompson looks soo beautiful

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather have seen Emma get the cover or the Lost cast. Plenty of pics from Emma's ed could have been cover shots.

^^ it's Emma Watson, people :lol::flower:

:rofl: Thank god, I was sitting here like "Where are the Emma Thompson pictures?" I was about to ask for help.

Ms. Watson looks lovely here and I am not a fan of hers in the slightest but these are great pictures.

Emma Thompson, my bad! That's what comes from being almost middle-aged. I hope I didn't cause a stir and have everyone frantically looking for Emma Thompson's pics! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->