Vanity Fair June 2020 : Janelle Monáe by Collier Schorr

Congratulations to Kat Graham for scoring a major cover!

Maybe the worst photo of Janelle I’ve seen, primarily because it looks nothing like her. I’m certain she could have taken a better cover photo herself, with an iPhone.

Why on earth did they include that screen over there? The shot itself is okay, Collier's ego.. not so much.

I'm seeing that this is the new normal for magazines moving forward

Janelle Monae is beautiful, and usually photographs like a dream, but I can't think of a single interesting thing about her, that would justify this cover. That could be said of most VF cover choices under this new Editor tho. The golden days of Vanity Fair are long gone.

I find Collier Schorr pretentious, and mediocre. Her face is the last thing I ever want to see on the cover of a magazine.

Oh my God? What has Queen Janelle done to deserve this?? I'll just pretend that this cover never happened.

She looks like she's sitting on the floor, putting her boots on, because she's about to walk the dog.

I wonder if anyone appearing in Vanity Fair these days feels cheated that they missed the era where their cover shoot would look like they stepped out of Old Hollywood.

OMG, what a BLASPHEMY! Fashion magazines should be immediately prohibited from using/publishing these rubbish images made by "renowned fashion photographers" via Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, etc. :censored:

JANELLE MONÁE: ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
Photographer:
Collier Schorr
Stylist: Samira Nasr
Hair: Nikki Nelms
Make-Up: Jessica Smalls
Model/Celebrity: Janelle Monáe

vanityfair.com

Janelle for sure would've done a better job by taking simple selfies. Thanks to Collier, but no.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->