Vanity Fair March 2008 : The Hollywood Issue by Annie Leibovitz

Wow. Gorgeous cover. The color tone is perfect.

again thank you luxx!!

The standouts for me are: Jessica Biel (yes I know but she has an interesting expression on her face), Ellen Page, Elizabeth Banks and America. I don't know why they didn't put America right on the cover though

I'm glad everyone likes the cover :flower:

I can scan the entire Hollywood portfolio if no one else beats me to the punch - I need a little nap first though. I would do it now but I just got back from a concert and I'm feeling a bit tuckered out. The Hitchcock inspired portfolio is interesting - not entirely what I expected but still unique. Similar to the Killers Kill & Dead Men Die edit they did last year with the whole various stars playing roles in images sort of thing. Its all very very well done, an image for each of Hitchcock's films. Some better than others - my favorites are the Strangers on A Train (Emile Hirsch & James McAvoy) and Psycho (Marion Cotillard) but all the pictures are beautiful.

I agree! and how dare you taunt us saying james mcavoy's is the best :P nap well dear :flower:

I'm glad everyone likes the cover :flower:

I can scan the entire Hollywood portfolio if no one else beats me to the punch - I need a little nap first though. I would do it now but I just got back from a concert and I'm feeling a bit tuckered out. The Hitchcock inspired portfolio is interesting - not entirely what I expected but still unique. Similar to the Killers Kill & Dead Men Die edit they did last year with the whole various stars playing roles in images sort of thing. Its all very very well done, an image for each of Hitchcock's films. Some better than others - my favorites are the Strangers on A Train (Emile Hirsch & James McAvoy) and Psycho (Marion Cotillard) but all the pictures are beautiful.

Call me crazy, but I'm dying to know about the ads more than the portfolio :lol:

Thanks for your hard work as always Luxx! :kiss:

thanks to kylenrose for the description! :flower:
More:
Charlize Theron: Dial M for Murder
Naomi Watts: Marnie
Scarlett Johansson and Javier Bardem: Rear Window
Keira Knightley and Jennifer Jason Leigh: Rebecca
Emile Hirsch and James McAvoy: Strangers on a Train
Marion Cotillard: Psycho
Jodie Foster: The Birds
Seth Rogen: North by Northwest
Renée Zellweger: Vertigo (corrected)

I like this casting except for Seth Rogen and Renee Zellweger. If Elisha Cuthbert hadn't been too much of a party girl, she would have been a good Madeleine. And I had a gut feeling that Scarlett was gonna be in the Rear Window photo. And I love how Eva Marie Saint is in the shoot as well. Will they do pictures for Shadow of a Doubt and Notorious?

And mark my words: Next year, Paul Dano will be on the issue.

you think? Even though his movie is heavily hyped he has seemed to garner NONE of the attention; it's all gone to Daniel Day-Lewis. Hopefully he'll get some attention since I actually thought he was brilliant in Little Miss Sunshine....

Thanks for the scan!:flower:
I'm looking forward to this amazing Hollywood Portfolio!

:shock::sick:

16056c3.jpg

Attachments

• ewseth.bmp
    391.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for scanning the cover.

Wow, thanks for all of the scans/pics everyone!

Maybe it's just me, but the more I look at the cover, the less awkward the women look. And I completely forgot to rave about the fact that Ginnifer made the cover. She is amazing in Big Love.

Back from the nap :blush: slept longer than I thought I would. But I come bearing gifts!

Vanity Fair Hollywood 08

Photographers: Norman Jean Roy, Mark Seliger, Art Streiber & Julian Broad
Fashion Editor: Michael Roberts

I will check for Ads now for the Ad addicts ^_^

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vanity Fair March 08

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back