Vanity Fair March 2021 : Billie Eilish by Quil Lemons

Well the photographer is the youngest photographer ever to shoot the cover of VF so there that.

I honestly couldn't name three songs of her, and the ones I do know I strongly dislike, but there is no doubt that she's a pop icon. And I am pretty surprised to see people arguing about that. So what if she released only one album? Lady GaGa was also an icon after just releasing The Fame. Billie has had a massive impact on (pop) culture in multiple ways and she definitely deserves the title.

The cover is very striking for me as well, and like I said, I am not fan at all.

Like the cover.. but I am not interested in Billie in general.

I do agree that she has a lot of popular songs that do well in charts, but what is exactly her influence? I don't see anything that has changed after the happening of Billie Eilish in music or pop industry. Nobody tries to imitate her, expect 14 y.o. people on TikTok.

After Lady Gaga literally every other singer in the world was trying to be weird and out-weird each other in their outfits and music videos. Let us not pretend Katy Perry, Rihanna and Nicki all thought at the same time to wear wigs and go from trashy pop girls-next-door to who they are now. Billie is certainly a big pop star and she will remain such if she (read = her team and her brother) plays her cards right, but she is nowhere near an icon status.

If I were Lady Gaga, Madonna, Amy Winehouse, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Katy Perry or even Taylor Swift, I would not appreciate being put in the same ranks as Billie Eilish. She hasn't penetrated yet the older generations enough to become iconic, all the other women are known worldwide throughout all ages. I am pretty sure in Eastern Europe, where I reside, the majority of people above 35 y.o. have no idea who Billie Eilish is.

I like her, but this look... It’s been on for years.

It's a nice cover, but in no way is she an icon.
A good pr team, and a few hits does not make you a legend.

UK Vanity Fair March 2021

Charming Billie

Photographer: Quil Lemons
Stylist: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Hair: Benjamin Mohapi
Makeup: Robert Rumsey
Cast: Billie Eilish

[URL='https://imgbox.com/WJRmmeOx'][/URL]

UK Vanity Fair Digital Edition

UK Vanity Fair March 2021

Top Brass

Photographer: Miranda Barnes
Stylist: Nicole Chapoteau
Grooming: Bianca Hart
Cast: Trombone Shorty

UK Vanity Fair Digital Edition

i can't believe they're still giving her covers. there are way more interesting pop artists out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->