Vanity Fair October 2016 : Bruce Springsteen by Annie Leibovitz

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
bruce_springsteen_october_2016_cover.jpg

vanityfair.com

Never liked him nor his music, so this cover does nothing for me. What a weird choice for the Best Dressed List issue! I find the distinct lack of coverlines more intriguing.

^ LOVE him, but for this issue he truly is a random choice!! This looks like any of the other issues, which is a shame since Sept Style Issue was a huge let down as well!

I thought it was time for a guy to get the cover, but I wouldn't have expected to see Bruce Springsteen. At least he's lived a life and might have something worth saying, even if he's not really someone I'd spend much time looking at.

Iconic musician and typically quite private, he makes for a wonderful choice. Unlike a lot of other celebrities he isn’t overexposed and I’m actually interested in this memoir for exactly that reason. Given the election year and his history of creating music with a political undertone it seems like a good time to have him on the cover.

Wow.

This is utterly unexpected and fantastic!

Bruce is an American icon and has certainly lived a life worthy of a memoire. Can't wait to read this piece!

urghh, this is terrible. What is this magazine's obsession with putting dead celebrities on their cover...wait...:huh:

urghh, this is terrible. What is this magazine's obsession with putting dead celebrities on their cover...wait...:huh:

Lol, I'm prepared to accept that this will sell tons for Americans, but maybe not so much in the UK? I mean, he's not the Queen.

Not a bad cover at all. But it baffles me when people use "who? or why?" with such an icon here. At least he is not a Kardashian and I'm all for it.

Lol, I'm prepared to accept that this will sell tons for Americans, but maybe not so much in the UK? I mean, he's not the Queen.

I think people are so used to fashion magazines and their pursuit of youth, that it's easy to forget that some publications have a slightly different demographic.

I'm old by the standards of this forum, and my mother loves Bruce Springsteen. I was a teenager in the UK when his tours and albums were a big thing. He's kept a lower profile for many years, but there are still plenty of people who can remember him as a worldwide icon of Americana. They're just several decades years older than the people (not) buying i-D. Maybe it's a smart move to market your magazine to the age groups that'll still bother to get a copy.

I’ve been playing “I’m On Fire” all summer…

Bruce Springsteen on the cover of a magazine— even one as dire as American Vanity Fair and as tired a pose as one conceived by Leibovitz, for best dressed is perfection. They got that right, at least. He is eternal in his beat 'em up Levi's and Hanes what tee-- like James Dean and Marlon Brando.

Right on tiger-- he is a part of Americana.

Cover Story: The Book of Bruce Springsteen

Photographed by Annie Leibovitz in Clichy, France, during his River Tour.

bruce-springsteen-october-2016-ss01.jpg
bruce-springsteen-october-2016-ss06.jpg
bruce-springsteen-october-2016-ss02.jpg
bruce-springsteen-october-2016-ss04.jpg
bruce-springsteen-october-2016-ss03.jpg
bruce-springsteen-october-2016-ss05.jpg

vanityfair

interview & video

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanity Fair 2016 Best Dressed List:

MEN:Leslie Odom Jr, H.R.H Prince Henry, Vito Schnabel, Victor Cruz,Justin Trudeau, Frédéric Malle,Louis Spencer, Joe Biden,Russell Westbrook and Frederik Crown Prince of Denmark.

WOMEN: Zadie Smith, Eugenie Niarchos, Anh Duongder, Olivia Chantecaille, Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, Jane Lauder, Aurélie Dupon, Olympia Scarry, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Allison Sarofim.

COUPLES: Juman Malouf & Wes Anderson, Barack & Michelle Obama, Charlotte & Alejandro Santo Domingo and John & Lavinia Elkann.

HOLLYWOOD: Eddie Redmayne, Fan Bingbing, Lily James, Idris Elba and Helen Mirren.

HALL of FAME: Tilda Swinton

weibo.com/Fashion_BangZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonHansen100
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->