Vanity Fair October 2016 : Bruce Springsteen by Annie Leibovitz

I think people are so used to fashion magazines and their pursuit of youth, that it's easy to forget that some publications have a slightly different demographic.

I'm old by the standards of this forum, and my mother loves Bruce Springsteen. I was a teenager in the UK when his tours and albums were a big thing. He's kept a lower profile for many years, but there are still plenty of people who can remember him as a worldwide icon of Americana. They're just several decades years older than the people (not) buying i-D. Maybe it's a smart move to market your magazine to the age groups that'll still bother to get a copy.

Agreed on all points. With everyone pushing people barely out of the womb as the next whatever it's nice to see someone who has a bit of history and actual gravitas. Plus his fans are definitely of the age to still buy a physical copy of a magazine as opposed to just looking at the pictures online.

This is quite a nice surprise!

Lol, I have to laugh at this cover happening around election season. Hopefully it reminds everyone that Born in the U.S.A. isn't really a patriotic song. :lol:

Lebovitz is so cheese, even her Americana heavy shoots don't work anymore. I love seeing Springsteen though, and he looks fantastic.

Best dressed list is a joke as always -- I like quite a few of these people but their style is insignificant.

The UK edition comes with the 'On Time' expensive watches supplement, on the theme of philanthropy, with - who else - but Natalia Vodianova on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonHansen100
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->