Versace F/W 2020.21 Milan

What an eyesore.
There is everything - Balenciaga, Vetements, Tom Ford, Prada, Fendi, Givenchy. Its like she has taken worst things from each and added the Versace tackiness. The presentation looked like a Dsquared/YSL show not to mention the coed nonsense.
Versace is so desperate nowadays. I miss times when Donatella would sent out beautiful women in sexy, elegant and glamorous clothes. Her design team must be horrible.

It's a little bit of everything she's done lately. It's all over the place. Why do we need to see menswear looks during the women's show? I hate it.

What happened to the thematic collections that she used to do in 2008-9-10?

Not a Kendall hater, sometimes I kind of like seeing her on the runway if she fits the collection. But here, specially, on her last look feels like she's not a model she's just a celeb closing the show... Somehow she doesn't blend in with the rest of the cast.

Generally, what a downgrade from last season! Nothing will top Jlo making an entrance and closing the show. Nice set, though.

This wasn’t a fashion show but a trunk show....
It’s a bit like Burberry: Versace was bought 2billions, Donatella needs to pull up numbers and so this season it’s « Versace for all ».

I guess the pitch was « we have clothes to sell, markets to conquer »! This is a very safe, easy to digest, ready to sell Versace. All the trends are there...From the more passé to the more current. Suits, cocktail dress, tracksuit...This is the entire display of a flagship Versace boutique.

While I actually like a lot of pieces, particularly the recreations of Gianni’s last Couture collection dresses, it’d very underwhelming.

I really hope that all those efforts will actually help them sell a lot...

Why do we need to see menswear looks during the women's show? I hate it.
I hate it too. Poverty and laziness behind this. You do menswear and womenswear fashion shows together and essentially reduce the costs and effort by half. Symptom of decline of fashion industry. Not good. Separate threads of men's and women's fashion makes fashion more contentful and richer.

Last edited:
Mother of God...if you change the logos here, one half of the collection could easily be mistaken by Emporio Armani...and the other half could be Roberto Cavalli!!

Michael Kors conglomerate is being like a poison to this brand. Where is Gianni Versace here?? Only in those light references to his last couture show, diluted in some pieces here and there, like a poor man´s version!

This collection right here shows everything that is wrong with fashion today. i don't even know where to begin with it. I do love the pieces for women in the evening wear part, but the daywear ?! That's a huge mess !!

PLEASE hire Tisci IMMEDIATELY.

What happened to the thematic collections that she used to do in 2008-9-10?
I’m pretty sure that was around the time that Christopher Kane was working heavily with Donatella. He was a consultant for the brand starting in 2006 or 07.

This is such a commercial collection for shareholders. A bit too much of everything and instead of remaining true to the dna of the house, they put out a desperate collection that doesn’t say anything. I actually do like quite a bit of it but the desperation of this runway show ruins it.

Also find it odd she referenced ghesquiere at balenciaga on those sculptural floral dresses.

It’s sad that the investment into Versace is being dumbed down in this way.

I really don’t see how Tisci would be that much better at this point.

I actually tried to watch the live stream after work but fell asleep mid show, so at least I wasn't tired in the evening. Thanks Donatella!

This collection is really nothing to write home about. I don't remember a single look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->