Versace F/W 2024.25 Milan

Objectively some of these designs are good, but what is Donatella’s problem with the styling? Her shows have had bad styling since 2016.

Is it necessary to have obstacle runways, bad hair and make-up, and models who can’t pull off the looks? If she could sell S/S 2003, she can sell this.

Great collection! Love many of the pieces.

While it's not a very memorable collection, I do like a lot of Donatella's ✨propositions✨ this season. The styling and overall tone of the collection feels confused to me, a little goth, a little sprinkle of punk, a little Chanel, a little animalier... there's a lot. And it doesn't always blend well, but separately there's some good elements and some good looks in this collection. I appreciate her take on Gianni's signatures, it's always fun. My favourite is the sculpted for the gods section towards the end, those dresses look stunning on the models! I love it.

SS1993 Atelier Versace is not an easy thing to modernize…
This collection is a bit of a mess. It’s like a glorified trunkshow of sections that will be released in drops.

The Gianni references, then early 90’s Chanel by Karl, then some Donatella-ism…
I think some of the tweed was fabulous. I liked the inclusion of pony skin and big lapels always works for me but as a whole, it was a mess.

Riccardo Tisci is needed.

When Donatella was high, she was better as a designer.
This smells of deadstock from an old storehouse; they just removed the dust and the mildew...and show it all as a new collection in Milan! It does not look expensive, and not an ounce of Gianni´s sense of glamour and sophistication can be found.

oh just circling the high 90s time warp drain again. it's like she mentally imprisoned herself there, made herself a home with a comfy bed, and refuses to leave.

it's time to move forward

however, those leather (?) corset dresses are hawt though. she could've made a whole collection based on those. easily the highlight of the show.

and heyyy julez

damn! i'm quite tempted to agree smh

I wonder if she even tried to edit this show. There is a short, solid collection within this mess but really though it’s lack Versace has been lost for a while.

What is up with Milan and their casting choices? It’s been all over the place this season.

Not much to really say about this because it’s been the same kind “Versace for Dummies” take for a while. The corseted dresses are gorgeous and should have been the stars, if not the whole premise for the collection. Get rid of the men’s. It should be its own show so there’s a clearer focus on each respective sides. No idea why there’s the “punk”/Freddy Kruger does Sid Vicious section. It’s just so blah and so neutered.

Versace x H&M. Sick of funhouse runways. Kicking up black carpet dust bunnies everywhere. There used to be a Versace 'walk'. Cast looks lost.

Versace is now not even on the same level as a brand like Dolce. They spend too much on the media but in the end it doesn't get any better.
Donatella trying to make everything look "good taste" and "genZ" but accidentally lose the brand's identity

It's frustrating to see this because there is so much genuine goodwill for Donatella and Versace in general - we just want them to win. This was a real disappointment - a lot of Karl/Chanel, a lot of Yves, some Vivienne Westwood, and even a sprinkling of Christophe Decarnin. A mess.

I wanted to agree because the shows were fun but high Donatella did SS2004, which is IMO her lowest lol.
Post-rehab Donatella did FW2008 which is for me her best collection.

She has a great deal of pressure to appeal to millenials. So her fashion now is totally devoid of substance. I can only image how her studio looks like!

This is TikTok fashion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swimflom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->