Versace Resort 2010

classicalbang

shake off your flesh
Reaction score
Vibrant colors, flashes of metal, color blocks and Polynesian floral motifs are just a few of the elements Donatella Versace tossed into the mix for Versace cruise. “The resort collection is easy in its approach, with lots of lightweight cottons, linens and silks in bright colors. Besides a reemphasis on prints featuring block graphics, Baroque patterns and floral designs, I was inspired by special ‘iconic’ materials such as a metal mesh,” said Versace.

The designer created a pretty, breezy selection, at times toughened up by shorts and jackets, either fitted with bold shoulders or perforated leather ones. To rev things up, Versace turned to small chains, glass stones, gold metal mesh and Plexiglas buckles.

2vlmash.jpg
z1rv9.jpg

29nfno8.jpg
2m81btk.jpg

22ysts.jpg
2a82rk6.jpg

2ng61iq.jpg
6ginq1.jpg

wwd.com

Wow, it looks so different to what Versace normally does. But i like the dresses.
Thank you so much for posting this.

Definitely not what I was expecting and I hate it, it's too much of a mish-mash for me. The second dress is bearable though.

It's nice! Fun, whimsical, very summery, but not really the first thing I think about when it comes to Versace. I think of sexy, glam, strong, but I guess since it's a resort collection it's meant to be a bit more subdued.

Bleah. Yulia is the only thing I like about it.

This is so not Versace-usual. Its kinda too cute to be Versace. I like it though. The shoes are the best part, and I like the dresses. The second to last dress is kinda ugly though, I dont like it. And I dislike that purple strip going up the shoulder on the pink dress. I love Yulia.

this is terrible!
the palette of the prints is awful, shoes look cheap, proportion is off, and the fabrics have this tacky shine... :S
so it's been two straight deceiving seasons... let's she what she's got for mens and then couture...

Can´t wait for me. I´m sure the rest of collection is also unusual, interesting but still glam.

this is very not Versace to me..... um.. very interesting, i am not sure whether i like it or not.....

What's that purple strap on the pink dress ?

The second dress is nice.

The yellow and purple pieces. Gargh.

This is not Versace at all...where's the glam,the sexyness,the WOW factor...I don't see any of them...such a shame!
And what the hell is that thing on Yulia's face? :shock:

ooh yikes, there are only about 3 pieces that don't look tacky...Yulia fits this well though

uninspired? yes. great clothes? absolutely. sometimes it's just about creating great clothes that people want. there's nothing groundbreaking here, but these pieces -- that leather jacket, especially -- will look great in a boutique and fantastic on the right girl (over her alexander wang separates with her oversized louboutins).

I doesn't look the typical Versace imho. But I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->