00080m.jpg
00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg
00110m.jpg
00120m.jpg

[men.style.com]

was this collection posted? I couldnt find it :ninja:

June 29, 2007
Viktor & Rolf called their latest collection "A bigger splash of colors" in honor of David "Him Again" Hockney's most famous painting, and its undulating blues were reflected in the jacquard weave of a jacket or the pleats rippling across the front of an aqua-toned blouson. Other Hockney works informed a palm tree print and another jacquard, which was based on the artist's interpretation of the alphabet. It was Hockney's life as well as his art that inspired the duo, so his signature glasses appeared as an embroidered motif, and a blue awning-striped jacket could have been lifted from his closet. But the stripes had been appliquéd on the fabric, as a reminder that one was in the magical kingdom of Viktor & Rolf, where nothing is quite what it seems. Hence, two-in-ones (a cotton collar under a piqué V-neck) or an all-American patchwork jacket that was woven rather than patched. Considering the borderline lugubriousness of Viktor & Rolf's public demeanor, it's always reassuring to see their playful side come out, here when they stamped their signature V&R seal into a big swirly gob of play dough. Equally, they're keen to broadcast their seriousness of purpose, so this season they offered a range of classic suits, including a three-button pinstripe where the lapel cast a "shadow" that was emphasized by stitching. That kind of arch detail is almost too clever for its own good, unless one cleaves to the view that Viktor & Rolf are better artists than designers.
— Tim Blanks
men.style.com

not that it matters much anyhow....it always looks the same every season,their mens. gah....how many times are they going to model themselves or have the models look exactly like them?! they've really let their ego's overshadow their talent these days.....so sad.

not that it matters much anyhow....it always looks the same every season,their mens. gah....how many times are they going to model themselves or have the models look exactly like them?! they've really let their ego's overshadow their talent these days.....so sad.
I totally agree with you.
Althought I am Dutch, I have to say they dissapointed me a lot lately.

They clearly design for themselves... which makes it quite a pricey affair to dress themselves...

I wish they'd quit menswear! Their ready-to-wear is much, much better, and this just kind of tarnishes their image...

Thanks, JR1.
I see the "Darling, have you seen my dress pants?" look is officially everywhere...

I like the idea of the bowtie and polo combo: I'll be trying that one. Very Hockney.

I love every single piece, simply amazing. The dachshund is a plus as well :P

Thanks muchly JR!

It's true, their Mens is just knackered at this stage, they really need to take a new direction...maybe even consider hiring someone else to bring in some new ideas.

say what you want, but I like it! Maybe it's not totally wearable, but at least humorous and funky :wink:

^it's not really a question of wearability,which it is completely mind you,but the fact they seem stuck on this repetitive round about.

The voluntee of seeing new things is pathologic these days no? :blink:

They have their own style. There's a small evolution, season after season. Clothes are classic, yet fun, and not boring in the sartorial way of the word (read: ArmaniZegnaDolceandGabbanaGucci).
Quality is outstanding. And their geekiness is totally adorable - to me. I say yay for them :flower:

(Plus their logo is the only one I like to wear proudly :wink:)

Quick someone pass me a bucket....one that can withstand the acid from my stomach.

Although I do like a few of their pieces from each collection and would proudly wear it (like the pale-pink coat w/ the black & white piping), as a collection itself as a whole, not so much..Still hard for me to see them as valid menswear designers...

Those plaid paid immediately bring to mind RL's Polo line..Not cute, if I may say so myself..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->