Viktor & Rolf S/S 10

gimmicks masquerading as concepts....as always. i really wish they would stop these rubbish antics and show what they truly are....commercial.

I for one cannot see what is wrong with being commercial in this economy with businesses closing left and right, people losing their jobs and designers whose arty concepts never translated into sales scrounging around jobless. If V&R are commercial then they represent the highest form of it that I've seen this season - instead of doing the same show we've seen for the past three seasons (Dior) digging into the archives of another designer (Balenciaga) or just plain not giving a damn (insert multiple names here) they came up with something that is interesting to look at and different than what others are doing. You may think it is gimmicky and I respect your always well formed opinions but I feel as that if a gimmick can keep a house afloat during these troubled times it is well worth it.

Besides, these particular visual tricks strike me as refreshing and playful.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is simply amazing. I want to know how they did this. Is it incredibly stiff? Did they use apertures? What does it feel like? What does it looks like in motion? I love it when a collection makes me this curious about the construction and pieces.

This is the most excited I have been about a Viktor and Rolf collection in a long time. I am glad to see them back on form.

..what? it's so unwearable, interesting to look at though.

I am surprised no one has yet pulled out the comparison to Chalayan's topiary tulle dresses from years past...it is obvious even to little me.

I'll post the full collection in a minute ^_^

a.jpg
aa.jpg
b.jpg
bb.jpg
bbb.jpg
c.jpg

catwalking.com (Please don't hotlink. Thank you! ^_^)

cc.jpg
ccc.jpg
d.jpg
dd.jpg
ddd.jpg
e.jpg

ee.jpg
eee.jpg
f.jpg
ff.jpg
fff.jpg
g.jpg

gg.jpg
ggg.jpg
h.jpg
hh.jpg
hhh.jpg
i.jpg

ii.jpg
iii.jpg
iiii.jpg
j.jpg
jj.jpg
jjj.jpg

jjjj.jpg
k.jpg
kk.jpg
kkk.jpg
l.jpg

They should have shown on a black runway so you could get that optical illusion at all angles!!

I for one cannot see what is wrong with being commercial in this economy with businesses closing left and right, people losing their jobs and designers whose arty concepts never translated into sales scrounging around jobless. If V&R are commercial then they represent the highest form of it that I've seen this season - instead of doing the same show we've seen for the past three seasons (Dior) digging into the archives of another designer (Balenciaga) or just plain not giving a damn (insert multiple names here) they came up with something that is interesting to look at and different than what others are doing. You may think it is gimmicky and I respect your always well formed opinions but I feel as that if a gimmick can keep a house afloat during these troubled times it is well worth it.

Besides, these particular visual tricks strike me as refreshing and playful.

I couldn't agree more.

Thank you Nils :flower:

Now that we've seen the whole collection I do think that a lot of it is actually quite beautiful. V&R are always interesting, and yes you can argue gimmicky, but what they do still very much has a point.

And I love the shoes. Give me a good shoe and no matter what, I'm happy.

omg this is so crazy. and weird. but fun? i don't know, i need time to decide what to say. Anyway i think that apart from crazy tulle extravaganza, there are some very good piecese here and there
i was so looking forward to this ever since i saw this little preview:

fabsugar.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->