Viktor & Rolf S/S 10

I like many of these pieces, they are architectural marvels! This is my favorite of the avant garde styling.

no matter how unwearable a collection as a whole is, there are ALWAYS pieces that can be worn easily.

THIS IS AMAZING! this obviously isnt their most sophisticated... but it's goooood! i love the tulle pink dress with the different cut outs, the angles, it's beyond! hahah
V&R are always so much fun!

EDIT: maybe the catwalk should've been black, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS IS AMAZING! this obviously isnt their most sophisticated... but it's goooood! i love the tulle pink dress with the different cut outs, the angles, it's beyond! hahah
V&R are always so much fun!

EDIT: maybe the catwalk should've been black, no?

Like I just said. :lol:

they always push the envelope of design creativity.

I for one cannot see what is wrong with being commercial in this economy with businesses closing left and right, people losing their jobs and designers whose arty concepts never translated into sales scrounging around jobless. If V&R are commercial then they represent the highest form of it that I've seen this season - instead of doing the same show we've seen for the past three seasons (Dior) digging into the archives of another designer (Balenciaga) or just plain not giving a damn (insert multiple names here) they came up with something that is interesting to look at and different than what others are doing. You may think it is gimmicky and I respect your always well formed opinions but I feel as that if a gimmick can keep a house afloat during these troubled times it is well worth it.

Besides, these particular visual tricks strike me as refreshing and playful.

i never said there was anything wrong with it just that i wish they would be honest for a change and show what they actually do.

I think it's absolutely amazing.
It's colourful, girly and frilly; basically everything I hate but I just love this. The final dresses are just so clever.

gimmicks masquerading as concepts....as always. i really wish they would stop these rubbish antics and show what they truly are....commercial.

how can you not fall for one of the few labels that dare show vision at a time like this?

and how can you call viktor & rolf truly commercial (which doesnt even mean anything)? (It will never be the label with the it-shoe or it-bag) I have no idea why you would ignore the history of the brand..

I don't see any gimmicks in this collection, if you look at it from a design-critical point of view, it actually looks fresh and contemporary (unlike other theatrics during paris fashion week)

Call me crazy (or Dutch), but it has been a while since I was pleasantly surprised about ANY designer. Galliano/Pugh/McQueen/Rick Owens, they're all theatrics, at least this collection seems irreverent and fresh.

Viktor & Rolf have had a new head designer for a while now (3 seasons) and I'm beginning to get it. Let's hope they keep it up!

it´s really interesting to look at all of these creations... some pieces are wearable, as well... but colours, i don´t like..

I loved this show
its was the chicest innovation all season
it looked so fabulous
Anja's look all the way from Magdelena's First look i loved it
Viktor & Rolf finally fell from they dry spell

Why is everyone saying it is completely unwearable just because there are a few exaggerated/silly pieces? I think we will probably see Anja's dress on the red carpet tbh...

It is a little gimmicky, but also very beautiful (who knew you could take ruffles to that extreme?)

This is spectacular! Anja's dress is just un-real. I'm not up on the methods of making clothes, but the edges/cuttings of the dresses are just.. :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
but telepathic,i wasn't speaking in terms of their early seasons. in fact that's why they continue to leave me feeling this way. there is no depth in what they do anymore to justify these kinds of theatrics. and if you get beneath the exaggerated frills and tulle,you get exactly as they decided they wanted to strive for...commerce. my problem is they continue to employ these antics which i feel are very contradictory to their core goals. because if you take away these add-ons all you have are just these safe pieces. there's no real continuity in it....you ultimately have nothing but a gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheetz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"