Viktor & Rolf S/S 10

viktor and rolf say a lot more than most designers in their collections actually.
every collection they do is a sign of the times or how they feel.
and this collection, i feel, is playful trying to cheer people up from the terrible state of the economy. like the flowerbomb collection.
i think this collection is surrealism at its absolute best.
and i am also happy to see gowns on the runway because so many people are just doing party dresses.
i cant wait to see these pieces in editorials. i have been waiting quite a while for viktor and rolf to come back with such gusto.
and they made me very proud this season!

Esquire, you brought up a very valid point about Schiaparelli. However, I still feel that V&R's r-t-w presentations are lacking in vitality, subversion, and most importantly, substance. As you already said, the pieces in the stores are wearable versions of the r-t-w theatrics, so why not cut the BS and show those pieces on the runway? It would be a lot more exciting and commendable on V&R's part. Is the general consumer that jaded that designers feel the need to resort to such gimmicky tactics to get people talking? :doh:

Wow, really? Would you tell McQueen to cut the b-s and just show ready to wear on the runway? To me that is what the runway is for, bring attention to your brand aesthetics with music, make up, hair, staging and theatrics. A fashion show is a visual and often can be a fanciful mood board of sorts of the aesthetic of the season. Why take away the fun? Everything doesn't have to be philosophical, intellectual or timeless etc. Let the intellectual designers be intellectual and let the fun designers be fun and that what V&R is, not taking yourself seriously and having fun (of course for some reason people seem to take fashion as some sort of scientific experiment into the human mind expressed through clothing.) Lighten up.

omg this is so crazy. and weird. but fun? i don't know, i need time to decide what to say. Anyway i think that apart from crazy tulle extravaganza, there are some very good piecese here and there
i was so looking forward to this ever since i saw this little preview:

fabsugar.com

OMG! I just was jokingly remarking to my boyfriend that the dresses looked like they were shaped with chainsaws like topiary. :lol:

i NEVER bother watching entire videos of any runway show. but this collection fascinated me so much that i just HAD to. such an artistic and unique collection!!!

eta: i can see lady gaga wearing a few of the more extreme pieces from this collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
BEAUTIFUL
That dress on Anja is stunning, can´t wait to see it on the red carpet, because I feel that´s very wearable and incredibly original.
The whole collection is just amazing :heart:

This is the most magnificent collection I've seen in this very boring fashion week and, actually, the most magnificent collection I've seen in a while. The wearable things are very weareable and the others are just not at all but yet everything is so amazing. It's so magical. It's so V&R. I'm head over heels for this.

I don't think any of us can comment on their core goals unless we are them, or they have a mission statement or manifesto somewhere. You can assume what you think their goals are, or what you think they should be, but that doesn't mean we know.

actually you can when they've made it abundantly explicit.

Funny, the retail pieces are really rather conservative with a tiny bit of wit. Basically Moschino in a nutshell. He did his catwalk jokes, they should be allowed theirs. It still sells the perfume.

I don't know what to say!:woot: I am not sure how to wear it in real life but who cares? It's so beautiful:shock: yam:crush:

I love the dress with the holes like swiss cheese! It's just so light-hearted and, well, naive I guess. I don't know, I suppose it's a nice antidote to all the sexed-up vixens and post-apocalyptic warriors I feel we've been given so much of this season. A bit like Marc Jacobs in that respect

nope, that is not what I meant

In august 2008 Oscar Raaijmakers and Süleyman Demir became the new headdesigners, replacing (I think) Erik Jan Frenken
They dont design themselves :ninja: .....

As for the collection as others have said I wish the runway was black. I love how the tulle is done I cant figure out how they floated the pieces of the life of me.

This is probably the most exciting collection in Paris so far, in the sense that it is not taking fashion aesthetics too seriously. They design without rules and without market constraints and we should be thankful for that!

It was seriously an exciting show and I can't wait to hear more about their inspiration!

I'm sorry, but the illusion of Anja's dress is just too cool in the picture!!!

:heart::heart::heart:

I can fell I huge influence of Memphis Design Movement & Ettore Sottsass on this collection... BRAVO!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is epic and much needed in fashion today. I feel they have been very commercial friendly the past few seasons, too much so IMO. This is V&R's return to their design roots. Theatrics, drama and originality is what they do best and all I have to say is, THANK GOODNESS for them and this collection! love love love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->