Vintage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by LesYeux@Apr 21st, 2004 - 3:08 pm
Whoa, VINTAGE clothing show? I wasn't aware. I know that there's a 'normal' clothing show though...
That's great though. I'll be sure to check it out.
You really, really should! :D It is so incredibly fun, and is quickly becoming one of my favourite traditions. I got both my red dress/coat and yellow gloves from there. Even if you don't actually buy anyway though, it is just so good to attend!
Here's the link...
http://www.toronto-goth.com/culture/fashion/theclothingshow/

Originally posted by scandinavianchic@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 2:29 pm
OOOOhh, I love this thread! Thought I'd share some of my best finds: :woot:
That one's beautiful- I adore the hemline! :wub: Was it more expensive though?

Originally posted by scandinavianchic@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 2:31 pm
the lime green one was about 70 bucks..
A bit more expensive, but definately worth it! :woot: May I ask where you got those? I take it you're in Scandinavia, but still...

I want a vintage Gucci suit, I just need more $$$ to get it.

scandinavianchic, I love your finds! You have a great eye!

I should take pics of my finds too but it seems like such a big job :doh:

ok, one word: EBAY!

Ebay has the most awesome selection of vintage wear, and the prices are fabulous!

I purchase my vintage items in two stores in Oslo, Norway, and the rest on ebay. The turquoise d'orsays I got for $10!

Originally posted by scandinavianchic@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 2:39 pm
ok, one word: EBAY!

Ebay has the most awesome selection of vintage wear, and the prices are fabulous!

I purchase my vintage items in two stores in Oslo, Norway, and the rest on ebay. The turquoise d'orsays I got for $10!
That explains it then! :lol: I have also seen a ton of amazing stuff on ebay. I'm just too afraid to shop from them. I don't have a credit card and don't understand how paypal works. If anyone could explain how I could possibly buy off there though, I would start shopping in a second! As a matter of fact, I have their "Twiggy mod" page up on my favourites. I check it every one in a while just to drool. :brows:

Scandinavianchic i love your green dress! Its beautiful..i can imagine someone famous wearing that and everyone loving it :heart:
Also i agree with you, like the dress you posted from ebay...it is the best place for vintage finds :flower:

Originally posted by scandinavianchic@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 2:44 pm
Look at this beauty: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...MEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

I have actually never seen a vintage piece go for that much except for old Pucci items!
I once saw this incredible dress from the 1920's that cost about as much. Also on ebay, of course. I think they do it just to make me miserable... :doh:

Visit www.paypal.com to find out. I think a lot of my american friends transfer cash from their account, so you don't need a credit card. And if you don't want to use paypal, most of the sellers accept money orders from american buyers...

But I recommend using paypal, it's so easy to use!

more items i :heart:

DON'T look at the accessories and background on this pick, it's the sellers pic... :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->