Vivienne Westwood World

the woman

ww3.jpg
ww4.jpg
ww5.jpg

http://www.mansonusa.com
http://www.themodernage.org

spacemiu, juice major
you've written it's vintage westwood but do you know what years are those... 1980s? 1990s?
i'm referring to the first page

i love most of those shirts, even the underwear and musical note sweater (which i was surprised to see).

Last edited by a moderator:
^here is the direct link to that editorial
thanks seeing double

AHHH so it was 1976!! not 80s or 90s :doh:
wow, so far back...!
(the style of punk rock, i mean.
i thought it would be 80s.)

She's a wonderful designer. I saw a whole section to her in a history of punk book.

I like her work. I would love a shirt of the cowboys. It would kill my bf whose a big Dallas Cowboys fan.

Absolutely love the Manson and Dita pictures. I believe Dita's wedding dress was designed by Vivienne and it was gorgeous.

Im so happy theirs a topic all about this fabulous designer!! She is one of my favorite designers, I cant wait to go to London and go to Rellik!! Does anyone know if Rellik is really expensive?

Dita's wedding dress was heavenly, but I don't like those ads....they have no feeling, they leave me feeling blank. And that bag isn't my cup of tea.

gius said:
spacemiu, juice major
you've written it's vintage westwood but do you know what years are those... 1980s? 1990s?
i'm referring to the first page

The things I posted are all from 1971-80

the 80s...

At the height of big shoulders and power dressing, Vivienne Westwood unveils her 'Mini Crini' collection and declares her love for feminine power. She emphasises the small waist instead of the shoulders by drawing attention to the hips with a short swinging crinoline, the 'criniscule', or puffball skirt. The shoulder is reduced to its natural size by means of the classic proportions of English tailoring using princess lines, which can be worn over the crini. This important move redefines Vivienne Westwood’s vision as a designer, English tailoring remaining to this day the foundation of her work.

source (text and img:( viviennewestwood.com

the Mini Crini:

minicrini_01_size_0.jpg
minicrini_02_size_0.jpg
minicrini_03_size_0.jpg

same source

John Fairchild, President of Fairchild Publications and Editor of the fashion bible Women’s Wear Daily, rates Vivienne Westwood in his book 'Chic Savages' one of the six best designers in the world, the only woman amongst them.

Civilizade

civilizade_03_size_0.jpg
civilizade_05_size_0.jpg
civilizade_06_size_0.jpg

Thank you for the beautiful pictures, Valerique!

Does somebody remember what's the name of a model she used a lot and who was sometimes considered a muse to her? I think her name was Sarah, but I don't remember her last name...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppermilk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->