Vivienne Westwood World

Vivienne is great - how could you not love a woman who wears no knickers and a see through dress to meet the queen at Buck palace!

Not sure if that Sienna piece is Westwood or not - I haven't directly seen that piece but these stars love the Kudos they get from wearing vintage pieces. It makes them look cool as though they have tracked it down themselves when in actual fact they just get them from places like One of a Kind on Portobello Road or Rellik. The asymmetric hem is very Westwood.

One of a Kind is amazing for Westwood pieces, the whole is pratically full of them

She's really popular, I can't believe she ?closed all her stores? in the United States. She's referenced to very commonly, and her clothing is really beautiful (womanswear more so).

Something about the passion she spills onto her clothes is very exotic, she doesn't care what the particular trend is, she feels like she's at the forefront, setting it. The leader, not the follower, in the industry

A difficult act to pull off.

Does anyone know what label is this Vivienne Westwood dress from? TIA:D
Pic from Kate Moss thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's either from the Savage or (more likely) Buffalo collections (both 1982); as this toga dress design was used in both collections.
The actual dress Kate is wearing was sold a few weeks later on ebay for about £600 if I remember correctly!

hypnos said:
It's either from the Savage or (more likely) Buffalo collections (both 1982); as this toga dress design was used in both collections.
The actual dress Kate is wearing was sold a few weeks later on ebay for about £600 if I remember correctly!

Thanks so much for the info! I wonder if she sold it herself?:flower:

justinelm said:
Vivienne clothes are classics. New, innovative, with a touch of humor, and all this with a classic feel.
btw, how nuts is it that it's impossible to find any Westwood in nyc?!

I didn't see a response to this question, and I'm searching too. Do any stores carry her line in NYC? I'm looking for the Red Line or Anglomania.

Some pics related to Vivienne Westwoods collections in the past

Attachments

• bluesky1.jpg
    bluesky1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 12
  • cs_photo01.jpg
    cs_photo01.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 11
  • cs_photo13.jpg
    cs_photo13.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 3
  • cs_photo02.jpg
    cs_photo02.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 7
  • ce1.jpg
    ce1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 3
  • corset.jpg
    corset.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 3
  • cs_photo03.jpg
    cs_photo03.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 8
  • cs_photo04.jpg
    cs_photo04.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
  • cs_photo05.jpg
    cs_photo05.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2
  • cs_photo07.jpg
    cs_photo07.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3
Some more

Attachments

• cs_photo09.jpg
    cs_photo09.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 8
  • cs_photo11.jpg
    cs_photo11.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 10
  • cs_photo14.jpg
    cs_photo14.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 6
  • cs_photo15.jpg
    cs_photo15.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 5
  • ct89975.jpg
    ct89975.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 10
  • ct89992.jpg
    ct89992.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 391
  • ct90525.jpg
    ct90525.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ct90526.jpg
    ct90526.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 5
  • daywear1.jpg
    daywear1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 1966-001.jpg
    1966-001.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 389
I adore Vivienne's shoes! I bet most of them are very hard to walk in though.

i love the fit of her clothes.... and her designs are like works of art!

i think there was something about VW in either March/April issues of Harpers bazaar (Uk edition) .. or was it Vogue?

i lef thte magazines somewhere - now i cant rem. anyone seen it?

VampireCa said:
I am glad to find this thread!!
I am a huge westwood fan~ the only problem with westwood clothes is that they don't go with other brands very well, you have to wear head to toe VW to get the full effect of her wonderful design!

That's so true! I always thought it was just me being a Westwood freak but her designs are so distinctive they rarely look good with other stuff:doh: :doh:

dreams said:
I didn't see a response to this question, and I'm searching too. Do any stores carry her line in NYC? I'm looking for the Red Line or Anglomania.

Her store in NYC closed down as not enough folk in the Big Apple understood her stuff. One of my mates used to manage her Manchester store and there was a girl working there who got a ballgown from the New York shop when it was closing for about 100 quid...they usually retailed at over 900 - lunacy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ptfl68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->