Vivienne Westwood World

Could somebody explain the differences of her collections to me? I mean besides looking at them and seeing they are different...is say the red label less expensive than anglomania and so on?

i love vivienne westwood especially her bowling handbags . u can find her on ebay.

^^ Ebay has become the place to buy FAKE Westwood. There are lots of signs to look out for on the bags and the jewellery that the iems aren't genuine. It's a really great place to find older, more unusual Westwood, but 99% of the bags listed are horribly fake. Buying real Westwood is a great investment. Buying fake Westwood isn't anything but a waste of your money.

shoegal2183 said:
Could somebody explain the differences of her collections to me? I mean besides looking at them and seeing they are different...is say the red label less expensive than anglomania and so on?

As a rule, Anglomania is cheapest, and usually made from more ordinary fabrics - denim, cotton drill etc. then Red Label, then Gold Label.

I was made an offer to buy the Vivienne Westwood toga dress (the one Kate Moss wore to the V&A) for 1800 euros, should I go for it? TIA xx

nytimes.com -credit for all posts
vivienne westwood-my life in pictures

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][SIZE=-1]1941 My mother made that dress. I’m wearing my first bangle, too.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][SIZE=-1]1955 My first pair of highheel shoes, at 14. As soon as I put them on, I could walk perfectly in them.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][SIZE=-1]1962 Twenty-one, and three months pregnant, wearing a piece of fabric I sewed with one seam.
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][SIZE=-1]1976 Nobody had that hairstyle till I did it. I made it stand up through bleaching.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][SIZE=-1]1982 My Buffalo period. I always felt so cool in all those clothes.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Attachments

• 27westwood_41.jpg
    27westwood_41.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 27westwood_55.jpg
    27westwood_55.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 15
  • 27westwood_62.jpg
    27westwood_62.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 27westwood_76.jpg
    27westwood_76.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 27westwood_82.jpg
    27westwood_82.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 7
part 2

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][SIZE=-1]1996 I was very much influenced and inspired by historical things. When my hair’s messy, this 1830’s coral tiara is perfect.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][SIZE=-1]2005 I change my hair a lot, but I’ve had this color for years. It’s better than silver!
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, San Serif][SIZE=-1]2006 A painting by Leonard Peltier, an American Indian in prison, whose case I’m showing a film about during New York Fashion Week. The horns represent pagan Greece.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Attachments

• 27westwood_06.jpg
    27westwood_06.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 27westwood_05.jpg
    27westwood_05.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 27westwood_96.jpg
    27westwood_96.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 13
Some new Tee's. i like the Leonard Peltier ones. photos from nitrolicious.com/blog

Attachments

• VW4.jpg
    VW4.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 5
  • VW3.jpg
    VW3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
  • VW2.jpg
    VW2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 7
  • VW11.jpg
    VW11.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 4
  • VW1.jpg
    VW1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 6
more from nitrolicious

Attachments

• VW9.jpg
    VW9.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 4
  • VW8.jpg
    VW8.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 5
  • VW7.jpg
    VW7.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 3
  • VW6.jpg
    VW6.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
  • VW5.jpg
    VW5.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 4
I recently bought a Vivienne Westwood skirt in an outlet and I was curious to know which year and collection it belongs to. How can I check this? Is there any website with available pictures from all the collections? Thanks!

Oh wow...in the pictures softgrey posted she is sooo beautiful esp. in her picture at 21. that dress is amazing.

I should have read through this thread before purchasing..however...I bought a criss cross tank from ebay..and I'm now pretty convinced its fake. It came w/tags and in a bag ...but that doesn't mean anything. If I post a picture do you think someone can tell me if its a fakey??

I'm still upset at myself for dropping the ball on the Lips T-shirt of last year.

If anyone can help me procure one in a small, I would be one most thankful.

Oh, and I love Vivienne as well.
I mean, some stuff is a bit too out there to be of actual practical use. But I love it conceptually, and appreciate her devotion to her art.

Attachments

• b9_1.JPG.jpg
    b9_1.JPG.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 4
Saw that lips t-shirt few days ago at the London shop!! Thanx for all the pics...they are luvly.

:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
juice major said:
Saw that lips t-shirt few days ago at the London shop!! Thanx for all the pics...they are luvly.​

:heart:

how? isnt that tee from s/s 05?

Vivienne Westwood will be designing for Nine West according to a press release from PR Newswire (US) dated August 15, 2006. They say that Nine West, partnering with Macy's and Vogue, will release this limited edition line in September. Westwood is collaborating with NW in the company of two other high-end designers, Thakoon and Sophia Kokosalaki.
Here is the whole article:

Copyright 2006 PR Newswire Association LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
PR Newswire US

August 15, 2006 Tuesday 9:47 PM GMT

LENGTH: 670 words

HEADLINE: Nine West Footwear Corporation Signs Vivienne Westwood, Thakoon and Sophia Kokosalaki for Exclusive Collections

DATELINE: NEW YORK Aug. 15

BODY:

NEW YORK, Aug. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Nine West Footwear Corp. to launch three new luxury co-branded collections for Fall 2006. Nine West, in partnership with Macy's and Vogue will deliver three distinct limited edition capsule collections designed by fashion innovators Vivienne Westwood, Thakoon and Sophia Kokosalaki beginning in September.

These collaborations add a new, exciting element to the Nine West brand. The exclusive lines bring high-end designer fashion to the public at a more affordable cost. The designers were also given full creative control over their collection, which are comprised of eleven pieces each including shoes, handbags and ready-to-wear accessories.

"The Nine West customer is fashion-forward, enticed by the sense of discovery and constantly craving new stimulation," says Stacy Lastrina, Executive Vice President for Marketing and Creative Services, Jones Apparel Group. "Our goal is always the same -- to create innovative products that generates consumer excitement."

About the Designers
Dame Vivienne Westwood

Legendary English designer, Dame Vivienne Westwood DBE, was largely responsible for modern punk and new wave fashions that began in 1970's London. Her involvement with the punk band, Sex Pistols, and their manager, Malcolm McLaren, brought her controversial designs that included bondage gear fused with more traditional British fabrics like tartans, to the forefront of fashion during that time. Westwood's collection for Nine West will be available in September.

"Many American celebrities wear Vivienne Westwood clothes, and while the name is well known in the States, few American women have had access to the clothes or accessories," Westwood explains. "Teaming up with Nine West gives the opportunity to many more American women to discover what it feels like to wear Vivienne Westwood."

Thakoon

A former editor at Harper's Bazaar, Thakoon has shown in his most recent collection, a baroque futurism with a romanticized spirit. His feminine designs for this exclusive collection combine classical romanticism with modern innovation and will be available in October.

"For me, the collaboration with Nine West is about design within reach," Thakoon says. "In a super-saturated and noisy market, it is a great opportunity for a young designer like myself to be heard."

Sophia Kokosalaki

Greek-born Sophia Kokosalaki is one of London's rising stars in fashion. Her romantic, Grecian-inspired designs are sculptural yet surprisingly futuristic and edgy. Her Fall 2006 ready-to-wear runway show was the largest collection that she has shown in Paris. Kokosalaki's collection will be available in November.

"Collaborating with Nine West is very exciting as they have a vast wealth of expertise, knowledge and very high production quality regarding accessories," explains Kokosalaki. "They also respect the design process and try to remain true to the vision of designers. This coupled with their enthusiasm to achieve the right product and level of quality will make the results very desirable."

Nine West kicked off the collaboration with its first major fashion show on Wednesday, May 31st 2006 in New York City. The event showcased pieces from the designer's collections for Nine West paired with the designer's Fall 2006 collections. The event was cosponsored by VOGUE and Macy's. The lines will be available exclusively at the top 40 Macy's doors and the top 20 Nine West retail stores and online at http://www.macys.com/ and http://www.ninewest.com/ . The exclusive designer collections, interviews and runway shows will be showcased on http://www.hotforshoes.com/ .

Jones Apparel Group, Inc. ( http://www.jny.com/ ), a Fortune 500 company, is a leading designer, marketer and wholesaler of branded apparel, footwear and accessories.

CONTACT: Shawn Buchanan, +1-646-747-3021, [email protected] , for Nine West
Footwear Corporation

Web site: http://www.ninewest.com/
http://www.macys.com/
http://www.hotforshoes.com/
http://www.jny.com/

SOURCE Nine West Footwear Corporation

URL: http://www.prnewswire.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members