Vogue Adria March 2024 : Nataša Vojnović by Filip Koludrović

BalkaniStaCouture

Reaction score
Vogue Adria Debut Issue

The first issue of Vogue Adria magazine is in every sense something not to be missed. On the cover of the first issue is the legendary Nataša Vojnović, a star of the regional and world modeling scene, in an archival piece signed by Alber Elbaz, made especially for her and wearing her image. We celebrate Natasha's success and uniqueness through two photo stories, and an exclusive interview in which she spoke with her first agent, spent through her career from the very beginning to today. In addition to the exclusive story with Nataša, we spoke with other incredible women such as artist and activist Selma Selman, director Jasmila Žbanić, chef with three Michelin stars, Ana Roš. We also peeked into the oasis of light, poetry and tango of Đurđe Tedeschi, with whom we walked through her Dubrovnik home, tried to discover the oldest fragrant secret of Belgrade, as well as the secret of the snowflake for longevity and the beauty revolution, and much more.

Credit: shop.vogueadria.com

IMG_6554.jpeg IMG_6555.jpeg

Really not a fan of her expression on the first cover, but the second one is so sombre and beautiful. Perfectly reflecting the 'New Dawn' headline, it carries that feeling of misty morning coldness. At the risk of sounding cheesy, it feels familiar! lol It works perfectly for me! And I can not express how delighted I am that they chose to honour Nataša with this debut issue, she really is the biggest sensation our parts have contributed to fashion. Can't wait to get my hands on the first copy!

Some of the featured girls in the editorials are models from Balkan area. This Vogue will be sold in Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Montenegro.

The girls are Matea Brakus, Irina Djuranovic, Niko Maticevic, Mijo Mihaljcic, Amra Cerkezovic, Antonina Petkovic, Georgina Stojiljkovic…

I must say I’ve had a hunch it will be Nataša but was also hoping for Valerija Kelava or Faretta, I have no doubt they will grace upcoming issues.

I personally like both covers, prefer second but with Nataša you cannot go wrong. ❤️

Any information about when this hits the newsstands? Or are we all ordering online for now?

Looks great.

I tried to order it through their website. But it’s not working. Is anyone else also having problems?

I don't like either covers, I prefer what people have created in the COVER CHALLENGES there. I don't see the Vogue spirit, I see some international version of Numéro or Bazaar but I don't feel it's ''Vogue''. Hopefully some editorials previews will change my mind. These aren't awful, it's just not what I would associate with Vogue.

two other previews
001-6.webp
001-3.webp

shop.vogueadria.com

I don't like either covers, I prefer what people have created in the COVER CHALLENGES there. I don't see the Vogue spirit, I see some international version of Numéro or Bazaar but I don't feel it's ''Vogue''. Hopefully some editorials previews will change my mind. These aren't awful, it's just not what I would associate with Vogue.
Fair enough, I respect your opinion but I don’t see it like that. Last few years I prefer editions like Poland, Czechoslovakia, Portugal and Ukraine in it’s prime before the war.

I see both covers here like something very connected with South Slavic history. She is in the mist of dawn much like Vesna. Vesna is a Slavic goddess of spring. She was also often associated with youth and was depicted as a beautiful woman. Vesna was well-liked among people because she symbolized spring and the awakening of nature after long winters. Slavs celebrated spring as a victory over winter. There were numerous festivals and customs organized during the spring. Many customs and festivities dedicated to Vesna included blooms, flowers, and leaves as symbols of spring. Some of these spring festivals have survived Christianization and are celebrated even today, under the Christian religious context.

And probably this was photographed at the Danube river which makes it even more relevant in our culture.

I was looking forward to my local edition of Vogue, especially since I liked the era of Elle Serbia under this team, but it's a bit underwhelming.
Yes, the covers are pretty, and I'm happy it's Nataša because no one else felt more deserving of a debut cover, but it's not what you have in mind when launching a new Vogue is in question.
It lacks the elements that make Vogue the brand it is (or was).

I like how Nataša is wearing a Lanvin dress with her own face on it (ss 2007 dress with Nataša's image from a 2006 Lanvin campaign shot by Meisel), though you barely see that. Maybe there's a clearer picture and an explanation inside the magazine.

All these magazines trying to look artsy and unique blended into one and the same mass. This could easily be Vogue Portugal, Italia, Czechoslovakia, Poland or Ukraine... Look at how Italian Bazaar invented its original formula and it works great.

Couldn't we get a simple but iconic portrait of Nataša?
Nowadays, most fashion magazines babble about women empowerment yet they are starting to rarely provide us with a strong physical presence of a woman on the cover... Her face, her hair, complexion, lines... those visible traits that make woman a woman. The cover model is usually just an extra in an ambiental photograph, and not the main point of it. Such covers are great sometimes, but sometimes, a person shold be centered.

Not to mention that the local glossy market is saturated with concepts and imagery like this, as magazines like Elle Serbia, Elle Croatia, Bazaar Serbia and even Grazia regularly explore such covers.

I will buy the issue of course (probably the first cover, or both), and hope for an improvement next month. Maybe it will look better in HQ or real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->